Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know. I couldn't even consider it without knowing if it'll be available with a roof rack. There are other things I'd like to know too, but a rack is mandatory.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking at the overhead photo of PEAR, it looks like there's one long light bar in front. I'm so excited to see it, but it'll be a long wait.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
723 Posts
It’s going to look good but it’s going to look ultra, ultra modern,” says Henrik. “It definitely looks completely different from anything else that you have seen. My aim was to create a vehicle that really could be recognizable easily and stand out from any other vehicles in the segment.”

Overhead shot looks good but amazingly short on details…..profile shot Henrik!

Reactions: Baker

·
Registered
33 Posts
Some key things to know:
  • Manufacturing to commence in the US first, with several locations under consideration.
  • Program milestones already achieved including exterior design freeze.
  • Program critical sourcing underway, including chipset and semiconductor contracts through Foxconn.
  • Project PEAR will enter the market with a starting price of less than $30,000, before incentives
"The all-electric Fisker PEAR blends sustainability, technology, and design into a digitally
connected, compact, five-passenger urban EV. Featuring intuitive controls, sporty driving, clever
storage, and a focus on industry firsts, the Fisker PEAR will start at $29,900 before taxes and
incentives in the US. Fisker’s first vehicle, the all-electric Fisker Ocean SUV, will start production
in November 2022"

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is just speculation at this point, but considering that the Ocean will be using a modified platform from Magna, it may be correct.
"Fisker says it teamed up with the Chinese electronics giant Foxconn to produce the Pear SUV. The Chinese company has long handled the production of the Apple iPhone, but it recently diversified into electric car manufacturing, launching a pair of electric vehicles based on its new Hon Hai Open platform.
The smaller of the two passenger cars is called the Model C. It’s a compact SUV of a suspiciously similar size and shape to the Fisker Pear, that’s powered by a 58kWh battery pack and a 134bhp electric motor. So, it’s likely that Fisker will simply adopt Foxconn's electric platform and powertrain rather than develop its own.
"

·
Registered
132 Posts
Fisker and Foxconn are apparently hoping to make 250,000 PEARs per year.

The Pear (PEAR originally stood for Personal Electric Automotive Revolution) is the result of a collaboration with Foxconn where the manufacturing capability is as important as the technology. Fisker is shy on details besides promises of sportier driving characteristics, an intuitive interface, smart storage and a "focus on industry firsts." However, the Pear will be built in Ohio with a production rate of at least 250,000 vehicles per year — Fisker and Foxconn are evidently counting on economies of scale to reach that lower-than-usual price point.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
307 Posts
This is just speculation at this point, but considering that the Ocean will be using a modified platform from Magna, it may be correct.
"Fisker says it teamed up with the Chinese electronics giant Foxconn to produce the Pear SUV. The Chinese company has long handled the production of the Apple iPhone, but it recently diversified into electric car manufacturing, launching a pair of electric vehicles based on its new Hon Hai Open platform.
The smaller of the two passenger cars is called the Model C. It’s a compact SUV of a suspiciously similar size and shape to the Fisker Pear, that’s powered by a 58kWh battery pack and a 134bhp electric motor. So, it’s likely that Fisker will simply adopt Foxconn's electric platform and powertrain rather than develop its own.
"

As per "Auto Express" it could reach about 200 miles which is very good for city car. My wife will be very happy I believe, I just need to wait to get final photo shoot :cool:
Yep I like that company!!!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As per "Auto Express" it could reach about 200 miles which is very good for city car. My wife will be very happy I believe, I just need to wait to get final photo shoot :cool:
Yep I like that company!!!!
I agree, 200 is plenty for a city car. In fact, I rarely need more than that. Last year, I took only 2 road trips where I would have had to find a charger. I'll take as many miles per charge as I can get of course (I'm more interested in how fast it'll charge), but it's rare that I'll need so much.

·
Registered
723 Posts
If a picture is worth 1000 words, what's a video worth?

Foxconn's newly unveiled Model C built on the Hon Hai EV Open Platform....
It's very jucy!

Reactions: Baker

·
Registered
723 Posts
PEAR Mission Statement:

"We pulled designers from every area of the company
and started to research what are the needs of
someone living in a large urban center.

In the city, parking is tight
and you can't open your hatch,
Your gym bag smells,
Your pizza is getting cold,
You sit there wasting gas in traffic,
You want to quickly send a message that you're running late, etc

We identified things that are annoying,
Things that add friction,
Things that take up time you can't afford to give up,

Then, we started to work on what are all the benefits
we can provide through the design and innovation in our vehicle
Things that will make our lives better, easier less complicated."

So, now we can contemplate how they achieved these design goals

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The press release mentions sporty driving. My speculation- since this will be a city car, that means smaller battery which equals less weight which equals sportier driving.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts