Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
568 Posts
I saw that on the configurator as well and hoping it is a seam for the glove box (the gap is on both sides of the center screen).

I found a picture that I took in the vehicle in Santa Barbara of the pre-production model and it looks different. The tray seems not as thick; was a little off the top and there was no seam visible; I am hoping it was redesigned to fit a gloveboox. Don't need a big one - just big enough for insurance/registration information and some additional papers. The glovebox doesn't need a handle as it can be programmed to open from the center screen.

Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Grille

·
Registered
293 Posts
I saw that on the configurator as well and hoping it is a seam for the glove box (the gap is on both sides of the center screen).

I found a picture that I took in the vehicle in Santa Barbara of the pre-production model and it looks different. The tray seems not as thick; was a little off the top and there was no seam visible; I am hoping it was redesigned to fit a gloveboox. Don't need a big one - just big enough for insurance/registration information and some additional papers. The glovebox doesn't need a handle as it can be programmed to open from the center screen.

View attachment 1302
I agree that is does not need to be big, but i pray(and I am agnostic) that there is some form of mechanical release- be it a push/release or hidden lever. I hate when manufacturers over complicate things like radio controls, ac controls and glovebox release latches by incorporating them into the touch screen controls. What if you just want to grab your wallet or a C19 mask out of the glovebox after you have pulled into a parking lot and have already shut the car down? Having to reboot and power up is such an annoyance.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I agree that is does not need to be big, but i pray(and I am agnostic) that there is some form of mechanical release- be it a push/release or hidden lever. I hate when manufacturers over complicate things like radio controls, ac controls and glovebox release latches by incorporating them into the touch screen controls. What if you just want to grab your wallet or a C19 mask out of the glovebox after you have pulled into a parking lot and have already shut the car down? Having to reboot and power up is such an annoyance.
There should be center console storage as well. Even if it is like that, the area under the arm-rest should be quick access while you could think of the glovebox more like secure storage.

·
Registered
293 Posts
There should be center console storage as well. Even if it is like that, the area under the arm-rest should be quick access while you could think of the glovebox more like secure storage.
Center console is where i dump 2 years worth of receipts and old business cards i never look at 😁.
Oh, and pens. At least a dozen…
I kid, but it seems like if i don’t keep organized, my weekly work drives around the PNW catch up to me quickly with the everyday flotsam of life on the road.

If my old man was still alive he would fill his with napkins and straws from fast food restaurants b/c “you never know when you’ll need one”- in his words.

·
Registered
Ocean Extreme
168 Posts
Center console is where i dump 2 years worth of receipts and old business cards i never look at 😁.
Oh, and pens. At least a dozen…
I kid, but it seems like if i don’t keep organized, my weekly work drives around the PNW catch up to me quickly with the everyday flotsam of life on the road.

If my old man was still alive he would fill his with napkins and straws from fast food restaurants b/c “you never know when you’ll need one”- in his words.

I think I would get along with your old man!! Napkins take a good portion of all our glove boxes! We do have 2 young kids, so napkins are like gold.

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
192 Posts
OK, and maybe I missed some of the discussion, but why do I want a tray in my car? Is that something I have been missing my whole life and didn't know it?
Because you need a burrito tray. You just haven’t had that opportunity before! 🌯

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
192 Posts
Well... that is different. I don't necessarily hate different.
Well one thing is for sure, if some jackass broke into your car, the perp surely won’t think of looking for your under seat storage trays and steal all your napkins and built up Taco 🌮 Bell sauces!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts