Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I was able to reach Domino Park today to have a look at the Big Sur blue Show car as well as the Henrik's Test Vehicle in action. I was able to meet a number of Ocean One owners and interact with them about the interest in the vehicle and why they chose to order an Ocean one edition. I have created a google photos link and added it here, They are candid pics and videos tried to get it from as many angles i could think of.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,137 Posts
@dineshkumart1990
WOW!!
Blue Planet looks stunning!
Beautiful paint quality....Ocean ONE owners are in for a treat.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great Fotos! Thanks! So much details!
I hope, the production cars are looking a bit more premium in the interior then, because some parts in the prototype are looking like cheap plastics....

What i also hope, the line of the backlight will be one line, not 2 in a differen hight on the trunk and fender....
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Bumper

·
Registered
293 Posts
Great Fotos! Thanks! So much details!
I hope, the production cars are looking a bit more premium in the interior then, because some parts in the prototype are looking like cheap plastics....

What i also hope, the line of the backlight will be one line, not 2 in a differen hight on the trunk and fender....
View attachment 1537
great, now I can’t unsee that….

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
568 Posts
Yeah lol. I noticed that before in a few pics and I have to ask myself: How do they even fix that? It looks like the parts do not match exactly - it isn't an alignment thing. So hopefully they will have more accurately made body panels in final production.
Trunk/hood/door alignments are easy fixes. Typically just need to adjust the hinges, latches or rubber bumpers. Early prototypes are held together with bubble gum and shoe strings; not the best predictor for final product.

If you are the OCD type where a 7 mm gap on one side vs 9 mm gap on the opposite side bothers you; take the car to a good detailer and they will fix all the gaps.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Trunk/hood/door alignments are easy fixes. Typically just need to adjust the hinges, latches or rubber bumpers. Early prototypes are held together with bubble gum and shoe strings; not the best predictor for final product.

If you are the OCD type where a 7 mm gap on one side vs 9 mm gap on the opposite side bothers you; take the car to a good detailer and they will fix all the gaps.
Right. But in this case if you look at the bottom it is aligned. And if you look at the top it is not. It is like the overall width of the lighting on the right panel is wider than the left panel. And it has the same exact "issue" on the left side. It may be by design but people are going to look at that and assume it out of alignment.

·
Registered
Ocean Extreme
168 Posts
Right. But in this case if you look at the bottom it is aligned. And if you look at the top it is not. It is like the overall width of the lighting on the right panel is wider than the left panel. And it has the same exact "issue" on the left side. It may be by design but people are going to look at that and assume it out of alignment.
Only people that will see that are the ones you pass on the way to the beach!!!

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
568 Posts
The bottom is not aligned either; it's the fact that the reflector is only on the right side vs the reflection on the paint on the left side that distorts the bottom alignment view.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yeah lol. I noticed that before in a few pics and I have to ask myself: How do they even fix that? It looks like the parts do not match exactly - it isn't an alignment thing. So hopefully they will have more accurately made body panels in final production.
The parts don't exactly fit perfectly because this prototype in many cases throughout the car are not production parts.
These prototypes are "hand built".
Production intent is supposed to show up at the next event next month.
HF is headed back to Graz to check them.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The parts don't exactly fit perfectly because this prototype in many cases throughout the car are not production parts.
These prototypes are "hand built".
Production intent is supposed to show up at the next event next month.
HF is headed back to Graz to check them.
Is the "Test Vehicle" supposed to be an early prototype? I was under the impression that it is very close to production. 🤔

·
Super Moderator
1,177 Posts
Is the "Test Vehicle" supposed to be an early prototype? I was under the impression that it is very close to production. 🤔
Test vehicles are slapped together with no focus on body panel alignment or quality because they are focused on testing things like electronics and suspension. They're close to production in terms of equipment and colors but they're mainly used to fine tune things. The test cars aren't meant to be the exact vehicle that you're going to see come delivery.

They're a bigger picture than the pre-production cars that have been floating around at the pop-ups but not the final picture.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts