Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoilers- the 3 will start at around $75,000, and the 4 will "eventually" start at around $55,000, so apparently, like Fisker and others, they'll be releasing their more expensive variants first. I like Polestar, but I don't think I want to spend that much.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Spoilers- the 3 will start at around $75,000, and the 4 will "eventually" start at around $55,000, so apparently, like Fisker and others, they'll be releasing their more expensive variants first. I like Polestar, but I don't think I want to spend that much.
Always. Top trims carry the most profit margin.

Reactions: Baker and HotIce

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
969 Posts
When my wife and I went shopping for her car two years ago, the Volvo XC60 PHEV were all $70-75k+ fully loaded cars. We ended up with a used 2020 XC60 Inscription with 1500 miles for $40k. Hard to justify paying $30-35k more just for PHEV.

Reactions: Baker

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
624 Posts
When my wife and I went shopping for her car two years ago, the Volvo XC60 PHEV were all $70-75k+ fully loaded cars. We ended up with a used 2020 XC60 Inscription with 1500 miles for $40k. Hard to justify paying $30-35k more just for PHEV.
The only advantage of a PHEV is the absence of anxiety with the gasoline engine and lower gas consumption but you have the cost of maintaining an ICE and electric car!!

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
214 Posts
The only advantage of a PHEV is the absence of anxiety with the gasoline engine and lower gas consumption but you have the cost of maintaining an ICE and electric car!!
Yeah…..but, those of us with PHEV (more correctly EREV) for Volts, ELR’s, the Karma is that the ICE is a generator and for a lot of us, rarely used. So things don’t need near the maintenance of a traditional engine getting used every day, all day. Ive had my ELR for going on 4 years and I’ve changed the oil once as far as the “generator”. And it still says 62% life left on the display. No maintenance on the electrical side other than a software update.

All other issues have been known things that break on Volt type cars (screen replaced, BCmodule replaced, etc)

Everything else is true with any car, tires, wiper blades, etc

I do have to fess up and say I used .10 gallon of gas yesterday, thought I wasn’t going to make it home, but forgot I could charge for free at the mall where my wife and I ate dinner. And get the best parking spot….:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts