Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fisker has talked about possible feature upgrades for Ocean Ultra and Sport, but what can they offer without cannibalizing Extreme sales?

Fisker Ocean Extreme in Solar Orange

The Fisker Ocean Extreme comes fully loaded. They’ll have every single bell and whistle offered by Fisker. Well, maybe everything except for Optional Packages. However, the Ocean Ultra and Sport trim lack some of the most sought after features. For example, you won’t find the SolarSky Roof or the Revolve screen in either the lower or mid-priced trims. Two of these are our favorite features available on the high-end Fisker Ocean Extreme.

On several occasions, Fisker has talked about making some of the Ocean Extreme features upgrades on the Ultra and Sport. For reference, the base prices for each Fisker Ocean trim is:
  • Sport: $37,499
  • Ultra: $49,999
  • Extreme: $68,999
The price difference between the Extreme and Ultra is $19,000, Ultra and Sport is $12,500, and Extreme and Sport is $31,500. Depending on individual costs of each Extreme feature, it may make sense to purchase the next trim level. Parting anything out is always way more expensive than buying the whole. For example, if you want 22″ F3 SlipStream wheels, Big Sur Blue paint, MaliBlu interior, and the SolarSky Roof, you are better off purchasing the Ocean Extreme rather than the Ultra.

Not to mention, the Ocean Extreme trim may come with standard OTA packages or features that aren’t upgradable like the 350+ mile range battery. Simply put, the Extreme will offer a lot more features than the cost of all available feature upgrade options. Based on leading industry car makers, let’s have a look at some of the possible feature upgrades and their price....READ MORE.

Reactions: Deafsoundguy

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,137 Posts
@Fiskerati
a well thought out optional equipment price list.
However, California Mode is STANDARD equipment on the Fisker Ultra model

my personal upgrades would include:
Base Fisker Ultra Model: $49,999
Silver Lining Exterior Paint : $1000
22” F5 Air Glider silver wheels : $1500
Sea Salt Interior upholstery: $1000
Winter Mode upgrade: $3000?
Open Sky Premium Roof: No charge (included with Ultra)
California Mode: No charge (included with Ultra)

Total Cost (before tax) : $56,499 US

·
Registered
96 Posts
Agree with Blu Angel on California Mode and Open Sky Roof. Everything I have read says these will both be standard on Ultra and above. My preferences would be:

Ultra Trim: $49,999
Red Planet Exterior Paint: $0
20" F7 AeroStealth wheels: $0
Black Abyss Interior: $0 (assuming vegan leather)

I really like the Red Planet but if it isn't available when my turn comes to order my Ultra. If not, Blue Planet so add $1,000. And in that case, I would probably go with Sea Salt interior so another $1,000. I am not really a tire/wheel person and like the smaller tires for range.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
741 Posts
My first choice would be an Ultra with the entire range of Intelligent Pilot functions, and the Winter Package. So far at least, I see nothing of the Intelligent Pilot's functions that are only standard on the Extreme being optional on the Ultra.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'll be looking for an Ultra, definitely with Winter Package, possibly Smart Traction, and roof rails and/or tow hitch as accessories. Throw in the Sea Green paint as added cost too, keep the 20" wheels.

There are a handful of functions of Intelligent Pilot that come with the Extreme but not the Ultra . I'm looking at the LA press kit which is older than the Barcelona press kit. I also couldn't say if these will be optional on the Ultra, but I imagine so, considering what we think we know about the OTA available features. These are nice features but I wouldn't pay a ton extra for them. Maybe $1000, personally.

These are listed for Extreme but not Ultra
Lane Change Assist
Door Opening Warning
360 surround view in 3D (Ultra is 2D)
Adaptive Drive Control
Integrated Drive Assist
Traffic Jam assist
Automated Park Assist

·
Registered
Fisker Ocean Sport | Solar Orange | Black Abyss (?) | 20"
34 Posts
The one upgrade that is a must for me on the Sport is the interior upgrade. I am done with black interior. Exterior paint upgrade is a second.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
935 Posts
The think the prices are good estimates. Paint may only have white as the free color. I think the multicoat and matte will cost more, say $2000 and $3000, respectively. Also, the wheels may also be $2000 and $3000, respectively. I hope I'm wrong, but that is normally where the numbers would be for similar premium/luxury cars. Interior for $1000 seems good. SolarSky for $7000 seems high. When the Fisker Karma was released, the original price of the solar roof was $5k, they then included it into the base price of the car (which was pretty high anyway). I'm sure pricing has come down since 2011.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I just hope the heat pump is standard and not included on a $3-4k winter package on the Ultra... The actual configurator with all of the pricing and packages can't come out soon enough. I am worried my $50k Ultra is going to end up at $60k+ by the time I am done :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts