Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know the Canadian government and some provinces grant subsidies for the purchase of an electric car. Fisker must set its price grid according to the programs already established.
In Canada the subsidy is $5k for any electric car whose MSRP is less than $55k excluding options. British Columbia and Quebec also have a subsidy for electric cars.
I would see an MSRP of less than $55k for the "Sport" and "Ultra" model and increase the price of the options to obtain the margin expected by Fisker.
By doing so they would considerably increase their sales in the country.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
706 Posts
As you know the Canadian government and some provinces grant subsidies for the purchase of an electric car. Fisker must set its price grid according to the programs already established.
In Canada the subsidy is $5k for any electric car whose MSRP is less than $55k excluding options. British Columbia and Quebec also have a subsidy for electric cars.
I would see an MSRP of less than $55k for the "Sport" and "Ultra" model and increase the price of the options to obtain the margin expected by Fisker.
By doing so they would considerably increase their sales in the country.
That makes sense. Do other current premium/luxury EVs do this to comply with the subsidy?

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 56,000+
943 Posts
@Baker
would see an MSRP of less than $55k for the "Sport" and "Ultra" model and increase the price of the options to obtain the margin expected by Fisker.
This is the ONLY way to go!
Lower base price (54,995 Cdn) for Sport & Ultra and increase option prices
For example, Ultra Mandatory Options: California Option: $5,000
SolarSky Roof : $5,000
Upgraded Interior: $5,000
Optional Exterior Paint: $5,000
(base colour: Great White)
This gets Fisker the xtra $20,000 up charge from Ocean Sport model

P.S. Tesla Inc lowered the entry level price for Ontario Tesla 3 buyers in 2018 o receive
the generous $8000 Provincial Rebate

·
Registered
300 Posts
A small addition to what @Baker said.

Passenger cars base trim must be <$55k to be eligible.
Higher trims up to <$65k before options are also eligible. So if your car's base trim starts at $54999, and the trim you want is $64999, and THEN you add $10k in options, it is still eligible even though it's now $75k.

Station wagons, light trucks, SUVs, minivans, or vans are eligible if the lowest trim starts at <$60k
Higher priced trims will be eligible up to <$70k before options.

I believe Henrik said the Sport would be eligible for the Canadian incentive BEFORE they raised the first maximum from $45k, so I think sport will sit around there

I'm guessing the Ultra will slot around $60k and the Extreme around $80k.

Here's the link

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A small addition to what @Baker said.

Passenger cars base trim must be <$55k to be eligible.
Higher trims up to <$65k before options are also eligible. So if your car's base trim starts at $54999, and the trim you want is $64999, and THEN you add $10k in options, it is still eligible even though it's now $75k.

Station wagons, light trucks, SUVs, minivans, or vans are eligible if the lowest trim starts at <$60k
Higher priced trims will be eligible up to <$70k before options.

I believe Henrik said the Sport would be eligible for the Canadian incentive BEFORE they raised the first maximum from $45k, so I think sport will sit around there

I'm guessing the Ultra will slot around $60k and the Extreme around $80k.

Here's the link
You are right @Bernie about Federal program, in Québec we also have $7k if MSRP under $60k.
I think that Sport would be at $48k and Ultra just under $55k. Impatient to see the numbers.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Baker

This is the ONLY way to go!
Lower base price (54,995 Cdn) for Sport & Ultra and increase option prices
For example, Ultra Mandatory Options: California Option: $5,000
SolarSky Roof : $5,000
Upgraded Interior: $5,000
Optional Exterior Paint: $5,000
(base colour: Great White)
This gets Fisker the xtra $20,000 up charge from Ocean Sport model

P.S. Tesla Inc lowered the entry level price for Ontario Tesla 3 buyers in 2018 o receive
the generous $8000 Provincial Rebate
Another package to consider is the Winter pkg which could be at $3k.

·
Registered
300 Posts
You are right @Bernie about Federal program, in Québec we also have $7k if MSRP under $60k.
I think that Sport would be at $48k and Ultra just under $55k. Impatient to see the numbers.
Just curious, how do you only get to $55k if it's $50USD? I just think it will be more, especially when a fully loaded Ioniq5 is $60k and EV6 GTline2 is $62k. I think your $48 for Sport may be correct though. They said Sport would fit into old rebate at $45k, but nothing is holding them to that now that the program prices have increased.

All we can do is guess right now.

There is also a new CRA class for EVs to depreciate them if used for work. This is what I'll use instead of the Federal rebate. I can post the link if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just curious, how do you only get to $55k if it's $50USD? I just think it will be more, especially when a fully loaded Ioniq5 is $60k and EV6 GTline2 is $62k. I think your $48 for Sport may be correct though. They said Sport would fit into old rebate at $45k, but nothing is holding them to that now that the program prices have increased.

All we can do is guess right now.

There is also a new CRA class for EVs to depreciate them if used for work. This is what I'll use instead of the Federal rebate. I can post the link if anyone is interested.
I put the price under $55k because the Federal subside, Fisker can remove some tools in the Ultra and add it in the options like line assist, collision side and back or 360 view.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I put the price under $55k because the Federal subside, Fisker can remove some tools in the Ultra and add it in the options like line assist, collision side and back or 360 view.
SUVs apply if base is below $60k and higher trim starts below $70k. Sport will definitely be below $60k and that means Ultra could start at $70k and still receive the subsidy. I understand they could pull features out from the Ultra in Canada (they did this with Ioniq5 to make sure it was eligible) but I don't think they will need to.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wonder if it would be feasible to take a pared down ultra without the options to bring it under the threshold and then buy the options post-sale via OTA updates? That way we get to reap the iZEV rebates and use that to subsidize our upgrades. What do you think fellow Canadians?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wonder if it would be feasible to take a pared down ultra without the options to bring it under the threshold and then buy the options post-sale via OTA updates? That way we get to reap the iZEV rebates and use that to subsidize our upgrades. What do you think fellow Canadians?
This will not be possible, the subsidy is based on the MSRP of the vehicle, options are not considered. We want Fisker Ultra to be below $55k to be eligible for subsidies, even if it means removing some options and increasing the "packaged" or options to meet its profit margin needs.

·
Registered
300 Posts
What Baker means is this won't be necessary, because the options don't factor into the threshold.
It's easy.....
Is the Ocean an SUV/wagon? Yes, so threshold of $60k, not the $55k for cars.
Is the Sport going to start under $60k? Yes, Henrik stated previously it would be eligible when the first threshold was only $45k.
Is the Ultra going to start under $70k? Yes, then the Ultra will be eligible.
Can I add as many options as possible to the Ultra, even if it goes over $70k and still be eligible? Yes.
Is the Extreme going to start under $70k and be eligible, most certainly not if it's $68k USD.

In theory you could purchase the Ultra, option it up to the same as an Extreme, and receive the $5k rebate. If that got you under the price of the Extreme it would be money saved. You would have to wait though..... :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts