Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Fisker CEO Henrik Fisker was among the invited speakers at the Deutsche Bank Conference on Tuesday where he said that expects to increase prices for vehicles as soon as 2024."

"In addition, Fisker CEO said the company is approaching the end of a supply chain crisis. Henrik explained that Fisker worked with a supplier to redesign a part to use a different chip that wasn’t in short supply."

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
192 Posts
"In addition, Fisker CEO said the company is approaching the end of a supply chain crisis. Henrik explained that Fisker worked with a supplier to redesign a part to use a different chip that wasn’t in short supply."
I’ve been wondering why someone hasn’t done that. If Fisker can do it why cant everyone else? Especially car companies that have deep pockets- Yah to Fisker!

We‘re going on 6 months now that my wife ordered a new Jag FPace R-Dynamic. Still can’t get a build date. Ridiculous :mad:. And many things they say you can’t get on the car. The 360 camera, the self-park, and even the digital display screen etc. But still want to charge you full up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
"Fisker CEO Henrik Fisker was among the invited speakers at the Deutsche Bank Conference on Tuesday where he said that expects to increase prices for vehicles as soon as 2024."

I'm late to the Fisker reservation party, but I'm hoping we can get in before a price bump. I know it'll be a minor miracle for a very recent reservation to get an Ocean before 2024, but I'll hold out a sliver of hope. LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,177 Posts
I’ve been wondering why someone hasn’t done that. If Fisker can do it why cant everyone else? Especially car companies that have deep pockets- Yah to Fisker!

We‘re going on 6 months now that my wife ordered a new Jag FPace R-Dynamic. Still can’t get a build date. Ridiculous :mad:. And many things they say you can’t get on the car. The 360 camera, the self-park, and even the digital display screen etc. But still want to charge you full up.
The supply chain is hurting. Fisker locked down their allocations for parts well in advance.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
935 Posts
Henrik has repeatedly said that the first 40k vehicles will be price locked (so most of 2023). After that there will have to be an increased - just like every other manufacturer is having to do.

Reactions: FiskeredMan

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
935 Posts
Reactions: HotIce

·
Registered
318 Posts
I read somewhere a few months ago that Tesla did something similar. They replaced some custom chips with some readily available microcontrollers.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
568 Posts
I read somewhere a few months ago that Tesla did something similar. They replaced some custom chips with some readily available microcontrollers.
and they deleted radar due to supply issues and convinced everyone of “improved“ vision only system.

• Haha
Reactions: Deafsoundguy

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
605 Posts
Hopefully, 80% conversion rate!
So let's assume that we have 80,000 reservations and 80% place their orders which remains 68,000 and 50% buys the One/Extreme there are 32,000 remaining out of a production of 40,000 but other orders for the Extreme will come in 2023 so we you are in trouble!

·
Registered
66 Posts
So let's assume that we have 80,000 reservations and 80% place their orders which remains 68,000 and 50% buys the One/Extreme there are 32,000 remaining out of a production of 40,000 but other orders for the Extreme will come in 2023 so we you are in trouble!
I placed a reservation on January 5th 2020. I'm looking at the Ultra trim level. I hope to receive a delivery date in late 2023 before the the price increase. The only positive for me is a possible additional colors being added to production later in 2023. I really like the stealth green color.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I placed a reservation on January 5th 2020. I'm looking at the Ultra trim level. I hope to receive a delivery date in late 2023 before the the price increase. The only positive for me is a possible additional colors being added to production later in 2023. I really like the stealth green color.
Henrik has said the first 40,000 reservations will not be subject to price increase. I think that is regardless of trim. Being early is good no matter when the car comes.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Henrik has said the first 40,000 reservations will not be subject to price increase. I think that is regardless of trim. Being early is good no matter when the car comes.
However, there is no guarantee they will build any Ultras or Sports as their first 40,000 units. They have said that they are only building Extremes until October of 2023. If they do 4k units per month, they won't even get to the other trims before they deliver 40k units...

·
Registered
226 Posts
However, there is no guarantee they will build any Ultras or Sports as their first 40,000 units. They have said that they are only building Extremes until October of 2023. If they do 4k units per month, they won't even get to the other trims before they deliver 40k units...
They will build some ultra and sports before price hike. Fisker said those prices are good thru 2023 however it become bad PR if he can not sell some sport trims at that price. So yes he will sell some at that price range or ne like what tesla did and just build Ultras with software limited range. But he will sell some sports at that price range he probably will have to then will hike prices or take the sport trim off configurator.

·
Registered
358 Posts
With Henriks language it doesn't matter if they don't build one Ultra or Sport for the first 100,000 cars. He said the first 40,000 reservations are price locked, not first 40,000 cars out the door.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What does price lock even mean? Fisker could just delete a bunch of features and ship with smaller battery packs. There's no order agreement with the features listed. They could suddenly go to a VinFast method where the battery is not included in the price and you have to rent it.

Inflation is insane (thanks to the money printing Feds over the last 10-12 years... trillions of reserves generated) and I suspect Extreme and One will ship and others won't until production efficiency increases (i.e never IMO). Europeans are getting 5K Euro price increases for the Ioniq 5 and EV6. Mach-E will rise about the same or more (see April 13th price increases that were rescinded because 2022 order books were stopped anyhow).

Reactions: FiskeredMan

·
Registered
358 Posts
What does price lock even mean? Fisker could just delete a bunch of features and ship with smaller battery packs. There's no order agreement with the features listed. They could suddenly go to a VinFast method where the battery is not included in the price and you have to rent it.

Inflation is insane (thanks to the money printing Feds over the last 10-12 years... trillions of reserves generated) and I suspect Extreme and One will ship and others won't until production efficiency increases (i.e never IMO). Europeans are getting 5K Euro price increases for the Ioniq 5 and EV6. Mach-E will rise about the same or more (see April 13th price increases that were rescinded because 2022 order books were stopped anyhow).
I respect your points about only building Extreme trims for at least the first year. You also make a great point about deleting features. Ioniq 5 did that with the unofficial 2022-1/2 cars (or did they call them 2023?) Not enough chips and sensors for HDA2? Deleted! "Oh, the price? Yeah it's the same"

I just wonder if they will have enough demand to build only Extreme trims. I guess if it's comparable to a some of the other cars coming out it may sell well. I just think the appeal of a cheaper trim will bring in a ton of reservations. You can get the same styling of a $68k car for $37500? Sold. I think by Q3 they will be building Ultras. I'm hoping for an Ultra so I've got personal bias, although I'm fairly rational so I can understand your points.

The flexee lease program will also be an interesting rollout to watch. Are they going to lease vehicles in 2023 or only sell them to maintain cashflow?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts