Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

following my visit at the Fisker Pop-up Store in Berlin I got an email from Mr. Florian von Jeney, Key Account Manager at Fisker.inc
He thanked me for my visit and told me he would be my personal advisor if I had any questions about the Ocean.
Of course I took that opportunity and asked all the questions I did not get answered in Berlin.
Here it goes, sorry for google translate.

Dear Mr Dentino,

please find our answers enclosed in green.

- trunk volume

We are not yet announcing it.

- Whether the rear row of seats is adjustable for both tilt and position on all trim levels

There will be a 40-20-40 rear seat with two recline adjustments. This will be manually adjustable in the Sport and Ultra variants and electrically adjustable in the Extreme/One.

- whether the headlights have cornering or even matrix light

- whether special glass insulation is available for the panes

All vehicles come standard with appropriate glass insulation. no extra

- whether there will be a hatch/ski hatch for the back seat

There will be a ski bag as extra equipment. No ski hatch

- whether there will be a rear window wiper or whether it will be replaced by the digital rear-view mirror.

There will be no rear wiper.

I am happy to answer any further questions you may have and wish you a successful week.

Kind regards,

Florian von Jeney

Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
Hi Folks,

following my visit at the Fisker Pop-up Store in Berlin I got an email from Mr. Florian von Jeney, Key Account Manager at Fisker.inc
He thanked me for my visit and told me he would be my personal advisor if I had any questions about the Ocean.
Of course I took that opportunity and asked all the questions I did not get answered in Berlin.

Dear Mr Dentino,

- trunk volume

- Whether the rear row of seats is adjustable for both tilt and position on all trim levels

There will be a 40-20-40 rear seat with two recline adjustments. This will be manually adjustable in the Sport and Ultra variants and electrically adjustable in the Extreme/One.

- whether there will be a rear window wiper or whether it will be replaced by the digital rear-view mirror.

I am happy to answer any further questions you may have and wish you a successful week.

Kind regards,

Florian von Jeney
Thanks Dentino! Great, you will be our go to guy for all questions that are unanswered since your new buddy and "personal advisor" Florian has given you the green light! 馃 Guess I'll never be able to have my very own Fisker Ocean "personal advisor" available for answering all my questions. 馃槙 So, your trip to Fisker Berlin was well worth your time and effort as it turns out! Good job!!

Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5

A while back someone asked on Twitter if the Ocean will have adaptive headlights. Henrik posted a meme that read 'Even better'. I'm not sure what's better than adaptive, but at least there's hope that the headlights will be more than just standard LEDs.

Registered

Thanks a lot Dentino for sharing!
Strange that he said the Sport model will have the possibility to recline the rear seats, because in the feature list made by the company I can read "no recline" for the Sport model.
Anyway I am sure we will know more in summer.

Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
Even though not a deal breaker for me, it is interesting to see confirmation on no rear wiper. A lot of EVs are forgoing rear wipers due to aero improvement.

The rear seats being 40/20/40 is good. That is a good alternative for a ski hatch. Tilt and position (front/back adjustment) is great. Since he mentioned the rear seats are electrically controlled in the One/Extreme, I wonder if this includes electrically folding too.

As far as the glass goes, I'm not sure if this is a confirmation for dual-pane insulated glass - but close enough for me. It does help reduce noise in the cabin.

Registered
I was believing that laser light was not authorized in USA.
If I read the wording correctly. The adaptive headlights bill does include the Laser Headlights. Now I could be misreading this but as of November 2021 and recently passed thru the NHTSB Adaptive headlight are now legal for use in USA. We are only 2 decades behind EU countries lol. So I do believe that perhaps since production hasn't started yet the Ocean will come standard with the Adaptive Headlights.

Registered
Hi Folks,

Dear Mr Dentino,

- trunk volume

Kind regards,

Florian von Jeney
Nice to hear about the 40:20:40 rear seats, that was one of my concerns looking at pictures. Another bigger concern is whether front seats with extended support (under the knee) will be available. The pictures indicates only 芦japanese禄 seat cusion length, wich would be strange concidering the many tall potensial customers like me (pre reservation made in march). Less imortant but I realt hope the steering wheel on the production cars will be different or options will be available. Very strange that a legend designer like Henrik use such a bad looking steering wheel in such a beautiful car. Can you send the advices Dentino? 馃槑

Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
@Dentino
Florian von Jeney, Key Account Manager at Fisker.inc 鈥.. would be my personal advisor if I had any questions about the Ocean.
Congratulations!
we finally got an 鈥渋nsider鈥 to look around and ask so many questions!

Good to hear about the confirmed items on the Ocean:
40/20/40 rear seating
insulated glass windows
no rear wiper
exclusive radar or matrix headlamps
rear ski hatch

Thanks Dentino

Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
If I read the wording correctly. The adaptive headlights bill does include the Laser Headlights. Now I could be misreading this but as of November 2021 and recently passed thru the NHTSB Adaptive headlight are now legal for use in USA. We are only 2 decades behind EU countries lol. So I do believe that perhaps since production hasn't started yet the Ocean will come standard with the Adaptive Headlights.
I know the BMW i8 had laser headlights in the U.S. They needed to get authorization by the FDA to have them (In the U.S., lasers are filed under the category of medical devices, which is regulated by the FDA.) I have not read the NHTSB but hoping they have addressed the issue so we can be just one decade behind the E.U.!

Reactions: UltraVol

Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
I know the BMW i8 had laser headlights in the U.S. They needed to get authorization by the FDA to have them (In the U.S., lasers are filed under the category of medical devices, which is regulated by the FDA.) I have not read the NHTSB but hoping they have addressed the issue so we can be just one decade behind the E.U.!
The BMW i8 got a degraded version of laser headlights compared to the Euro version to stay within US limits.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts