Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just received an invitation from Fisker to pre-order a Fisker Ocean One. I placed my reservation on January 1, 2022, so they got to me in a hurry for whatever reason. I didn't think I would receive an invitation for the Fisker Ocean One, but here I got it.

Once you click on the link, there is an option to either place an pre-order for the Fisker Ocean One or choose a different trim. So, I decided to choose the Fisker Ocean Ultra instead. I don't have any use for a solar roof, and an extra $19,000 doesn't seem like a good use of the money. This is mostly influenced by the fact that I already own a Model Y, and I'm getting the ID.4 delivered to me by the end of July. So, I'm not in a big rush for the Fisker Ocean. I also want to see how much space it has compared to the ID.4.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
811 Posts
Wow, I'm shocked that you received an invitation considering when you reserved. Perhaps a certain amount of Ones are being allocated to various countries, and it's not necessarily just done in order of people who have reserved. Like you, I'd prefer the Ultra, but only if all of the features of Intelligent Pilot will be an option. I also don't need the solar roof or the top of the line sound system. If the full Intelligent Pilot won't be an option, I'll go for the Extreme (yes, I want it that much).

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
161 Posts
Received an invitation to pre-order the Ocean One email this morning. Reservation date of 02/18/2022. We declined the Ocean One offer and selected the Ultra trim as the alternative and was our original model of interest. It never was our intent to spend $70K + for a car. So, we'll be waiting for the Ultra...unless something we like better comes along in the meantime. The Ultra has a lot going for it unless the options and accessories drive the price beyond our comfort level. We'll see.

·
Registered
336 Posts
to be clear, If you pay the $5,000, you get one of the 5,000 ocean ones? or they just keep your money if they accept $5,000 from 20,000 people ( I mean, its non refundable right?????)
As presented, they are not accepting $5000 from more than 5000 people. One payment per Ocean One in the production schedule until those are accounted for. The nonrefundable aspect simply means if you decide later not to take the car, you don't get the $5000 returned.

·
Registered
120 Posts
As presented, they are not accepting $5000 from more than 5000 people. One payment per Ocean One in the production schedule until those are accounted for. The nonrefundable aspect simply means if you decide later not to take the car, you don't get the $5000 returned.
how can they guarantee this though? looks like people who were up to 20,000 in the list have gotten emails. so did they send to 1st 5,000 reservations only? or send to first 20,000? seems they could easily get over 5,000 payments because of that, since they are not going one by one, and giving each person a reasonable amount of time to decide to drop $5,000 or not

·
Registered
336 Posts
This is simple to manage and program. Invite a large pool and accept orders and payments until they reach 5000. When someone responds to the invite that would be number 5001, they can simply decline and advise that the orders are now closed. The commitment to build 5000 is clearly on the public record.

Have you ever been to a studio taping of a TV show? Tickets far beyond the seating capacity are distributed to ensure a full audience. Once the last seat is filled, at that last moment at the door, an apologetic usher sends remaining people on the line away. Same idea on a website process.

·
Registered
394 Posts
how can they guarantee this though? looks like people who were up to 20,000 in the list have gotten emails. so did they send to 1st 5,000 reservations only? or send to first 20,000? seems they could easily get over 5,000 payments because of that, since they are not going one by one, and giving each person a reasonable amount of time to decide to drop $5,000 or not
I believe the email states that individuals have up to 7 days to decide implying that if the amount of One's has reached its threshold before then than those individuals remaining will no longer be able to prepay for one. When someone clicks another option besides the one, that gives the team a better indication on if they need to send out further requests.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Each person that receives a pre-order email has 7 days to commit. My expectation is that there is a hard cap built into the online system that will prevent more than 5,000 One pre-orders. They are doing the emails to reservation holders in batches, so (if I was handling the process), I'd start doing smaller email batches as we get closer to the 5K cap. There may be some people towards the end that get an email, delay logging in, and find out there are no more Ones to be had.

I'm no lawyer and haven't read the T&Cs (since I'm not getting a One); however, I can't see any company risking accepting $5K non-refundable deposits past 5,000 for a product they have clearly stated they will only make 5,000 of. That wouldn't end well for them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
. When someone responds to the invite that would be number 5001, they can simply decline and advise that the orders are now closed. The commitment to build 5000 is clearly on the public record.

sounds simple, I just can't see Fisker denying people trying to pay them $5,000.... Looks like all their cars will require more than the $250 reserve anyway
but I know somewhere Elon is laughing at Fisker being concerned if they have guaranteed buyers for only 5,000 cars...with over 50,000 reservations...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'd start doing smaller email batches as we get closer to the 5K cap. There may be some people towards the end that get an email, delay logging in, and find out there are no more Ones to be had.
smaller batches extends time by a lot (7 days min each batch). somehow they have sent emails to people with registration numbers in the 20,000 range????????? how long has it been since you could pay even $5,000? lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had a horrible experience so far and wanted to see if anyone else experienced this. I received the pre-order email invitation on Tuesday. I placed the order via the app that same day, my card was charged the full $5,000, but I received no confirmation email of my pre-order. In the app (and on the website when I'm logged in) it's showing that I'm eligible to pre-order still. Which makes me think the order didn't go through. But the support email agent said they can "see it on their end" -- not reassuring when I have zero proof of the order. In fact, this morning I received an email saying I have four days left to place my pre-order. And the support agents are no longer responding to my inquiries.. does anyone have a way of escalating this or a phone number I can call?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've had a horrible experience so far and wanted to see if anyone else experienced this. I received the pre-order email invitation on Tuesday. I placed the order via the app that same day, my card was charged the full $5,000, but I received no confirmation email of my pre-order. In the app (and on the website when I'm logged in) it's showing that I'm eligible to pre-order still. Which makes me think the order didn't go through. But the support email agent said they can "see it on their end" -- not reassuring when I have zero proof of the order. In fact, this morning I received an email saying I have four days left to place my pre-order. And the support agents are no longer responding to my inquiries.. does anyone have a way of escalating this or a phone number I can call?
well if you have the charge on your credit card, you should be good. (to enter the line for ocean one)
just got to reach fisker and add your payment to the line :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
but I know somewhere Elon is laughing at Fisker being concerned if they have guaranteed buyers for only 5,000 cars...with over 50,000 reservations...
Would he have been laughing the first few years of Tesla's existence? Less than 2,500 original roadsters sold in three years I believe and they were often on the brink of bankruptcy. I don't think we should discount how hard it is to get a new car company off the ground just because one out of many has had success at it so far...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts