Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So… accidents happen even to new cars. Probably a dumb question but what happens if someone runs into the back of my new Ultra (probably mesmerized by the looks of my new Ocean) and the repair work requires a new bumper, taillight assemblies, etc.?

·
Registered
98 Posts
So… accidents happen even to new cars. Probably a dumb question but what happens if someone runs into the back of my new Ultra (probably mesmerized by the looks of my new Ocean) and the repair work requires a new bumper, taillight assemblies, etc.?
well, If you crash an Ocean one, you'll probably be waiting on parts for a good bit most likely. Normal with 1year production of a car

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
935 Posts
Yes, it's not unusual to have long waits for parts on newly introduced vehicles. I had to wait a month back in 2011 when my Volt got broken into to replace the door trim and glass.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
446 Posts
This was described at the last shareholder meeting. According to Henrik, you will go into the app and select service. They will come and pick the vehicle up and drop off a loaner. They will then take care of it with their "partners" behind the scenes. Those partners can vary depending on the repair needed. I would assume an accident like you are describing would be done by Fisker themselves as that was described as a potential option for major repairs.

Of course there are some people that just don't believe it will happen like this so we will all have to see how it works out.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hopefully with the 95 various cameras, radars, sensors, service dogs and chemical smelling canaries this thing comes with, we will have better luck than the other cars on the road in avoiding boo-boos.

i plan to drive it the way i have driven my “analog” cars the past 35 years- leaving as much space between me and other drivers as possible, passing trucks and busses as soon as I can, and keeping away from Prius.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Of course there are some people that just don't believe it will happen like this so we will all have to see how it works out.
I have high confidence that it will work as designed. This model has been done before. This is the exact model that Polestar uses.
They don't say where they take the car to, but it's probably a Volvo service center or a Polestar one if you live in a city that has one.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hopefully with the 95 various cameras, radars, sensors, service dogs and chemical smelling canaries this thing comes with, we will have better luck than the other cars on the road in avoiding boo-boos.

i plan to drive it the way i have driven my “analog” cars the past 35 years- leaving as much space between me and other drivers as possible, passing trucks and busses as soon as I can, and keeping away from Prius.
Parking lots have been where most of our damage has occurred, unfortunately. You return from shopping and low and behold, a dent or a ding.
Good thing the Ocean has its own form of Sentry mode (however, we don't know if this is for all trims).

·
Registered
315 Posts

Actually hoping for deployable defense drones.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Parking lots have been where most of our damage has occurred, unfortunately. You return from shopping and low and behold, a dent or a ding.
Good thing the Ocean has its own form of Sentry mode (however, we don't know if this is for all trims).
Dents and dings in parking lots are unavoidable but at least do not render the car undriveable. I have literally parked at the ass end of an empty lot with my VW to come out 30 minutes later to find my car between a couple of monster suv’s- with the lot still mostly empty.

·
Registered
56 Posts
what happens if someone runs into the back of my new Ultra
This press release just went out, and it repeats the setup we've earlier heard about on the investor calls:

"Fisker plans to open a Fisker Lounge in Oslo to coincide with sales, service, and deliveries. From launch, Fisker owners across Norway will receive concierge service from trained Fisker mobile technicians utilizing a network of service providers throughout the country."

·
Super Moderator
1,177 Posts
Dents and dings in parking lots are unavoidable but at least do not render the car undriveable. I have literally parked at the ass end of an empty lot with my VW to come out 30 minutes later to find my car between a couple of monster suv’s- with the lot still mostly empty.
STORY OF MY LIFE. I can park in a lot that's a mile away from the shop I'm going to go into and by the time I come out, there's always two cars parked next to me somehow when the lot is COMPLETELY empty.

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
192 Posts
I am absolutely in that same club too. Just like @SeaPhil4 , it’s ALWAYS a monster truck when I park at the farthest point of the parking lot away (I’d never ever park close in). It makes me want to rip out their gun rack and clobber them with it.

Honestly I wonder if they do that not to annoy us, but to use our city slicker car as their buffer, in case their ******* friends want to do demolition derby in the parking lot.

Hopefully Fisker will have sentry mode with air dispersion VX agent. That’s the ticket….:unsure:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts