Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is not very expensive for a car at $37,999
Not sure I understand your point about the price of the car. I put in a refundable deposit, then cancelled the reservation and discovered that there was a $25 fee. Unusual and annoying. It does not break the bank, but other manufacturers refund 100% of your deposit, not 90% of your deposit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not sure I understand your point about the price of the car. I put in a refundable deposit, then cancelled the reservation and discovered that there was a $25 fee. Unusual and annoying. It does not break the bank, but other manufacturers refund 100% of your deposit, not 90% of your deposit.
It does state this. Not sure why it's a surprise. Did you decide to go with a different EV?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does state this. Not sure why it's a surprise. Did you decide to go with a different EV?
I must have missed it.

Unfortunately the cargo capacity is too constrained for me. It sits in between a Model 3 and a Model Y. I like the Ocean's styling and range, but I really need more cargo capacity than this. Will probably go with the RIvian R1S if they start producing in decent numbers since it is only $9k more or move to a Y. (The Blazer may also be an interesting option.) The Lyriq is a good size and good value, but it's very limited head room (38") makes it a non-starter for me. For now, will keep my 3 until next year and see how it all pans out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's in the Reservation Terms in the app, and on the website. I saw it there and from a YouTube reviewer before I registered. It's also in the Frequently Asked Questions here Frequently Asked Questions About Fisker, the 2022 Fisker Ocean, and More | Fisker Inc.

I believe all vendors will be doing this as a small, reasonable administrative fee on a many thousand dollar purchase.

I am also expecting freight and other delivery fees, much larger than this. All dealerships do this including Tesla's buy online process.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fair enough. The administrative fee was indeed in the fine print and I missed it. I have not encountered that before but ¯\(ツ)

On the plus side, the refund was issued immediately after clicking the cancel button, so I very much appreciated the very quick response.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Fair enough. The administrative fee was indeed in the fine print and I missed it. I have not encountered that before but ¯\(ツ)

On the plus side, the refund was issued immediately after clicking the cancel button, so I very much appreciated the very quick response.
Before you depart, did you find exact seat up/down cargo area specs or just eyeballing it? I asked Fisker and they wouldn’t release that info.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Before you depart, did you find exact seat up/down cargo area specs or just eyeballing it? I asked Fisker and they wouldn’t release that info.
The data I could find (posted somewhere else here on the forum) is 20 cubic feet with the rear shelf (floor) and 25 cubic feet including the storage compartment under the floor. Total of 45 cubic feet with seats down. 2022 Fisker Ocean EV: Additional Features, Dimensions, and Images Revealed Model Y has 68 cubic feet with seats down but a meaningful chunk of that is under the floor and in the frunk (still not awesome for me).

That is consistent with the photos and also consistent with the overall dimensions (which have been published) of 182.7 vs 187 for the Y and Ocean is slightly shorter and narrower so the Motortrend data hangs together. But this is not really about the Model Y for me. The Blazer is 191" with "real" 65 cubic ft of storage (not including frunk and under floor) and the EV should have better interior space and the RIvian is a monster 18" longer with loads of cargo space. A Model Y/Blazer is sort of my minimum to lug boxes and gear. I wish Heinrick would have added a few inches to the rear. At 187 or 188" it would have enough room for me. I am leaning toward the Blazer, but the Rivian is just so freaking awesome. And at $75k for the Adventure Edition vs $69k for the Ocean it is just a better fit for me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The data I could find (posted somewhere else here on the forum) is 20 cubic feet with the rear shelf (floor) and 25 cubic feet including the storage compartment under the floor. Total of 45 cubic feet with seats down. 2022 Fisker Ocean EV: Additional Features, Dimensions, and Images Revealed Model Y has 68 cubic feet with seats down but a meaningful chunk of that is under the floor and in the frunk (still not awesome for me).

That is consistent with the photos and also consistent with the overall dimensions (which have been published) of 182.7 vs 187 for the Y and Ocean is slightly shorter and narrower so the Motortrend data hangs together. But this is not really about the Model Y for me. The Blazer is 191" with "real" 65 cubic ft of storage (not including frunk and under floor) and the EV should have better interior space and the RIvian is a monster 18" longer with loads of cargo space. A Model Y/Blazer is sort of my minimum to lug boxes and gear. I wish Heinrick would have added a few inches to the rear. At 187 or 188" it would have enough room for me. I am leaning toward the Blazer, but the Rivian is just so freaking awesome. And at $75k for the Adventure Edition vs $69k for the Ocean it is just a better fit for me.
Maybe I'm wrong but I think the dimensions is 188 now

·
Registered
130 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong but I think the dimensions is 188 now
You're right. It's 188inches now. The original prototype in 2020 was 182. Who's to say where they distributed the 6in.

And I was thinking they were calling 20cuft under the parcel shelf, not above the floor, and the additional 5cuft above the parcel shelf. Either way, look into how interior volumes are measured. There is almost no standardization because there are many revisions of the SAE and companies can use whatever year/version they like best to measure interior volume. Cars.com has a page where they show their measured volumes. Model Y still does well in it's class

On that note, I sat in a Model Y for the first time last weekend. I'm 6ft5in so I always sit in the back to see if I can sit behind myself, as a judgement of size. My head was against the rear glass. And the car roofline bubbles in the middle above the front seats. I started to wonder if that 68cuft is made up of unusable air space and space under the rear seat headrests when folded.

·
Registered
34 Posts

If you want an EV with ROOM and not a truck-- head over to the website for Vin Fast and look at the 'station wagon' of 2022!

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
338 Posts
If you want an EV with ROOM and not a truck-- head over to the website for Vin Fast and look at the 'station wagon' of 2022!
Interesting Vietnamese company. I'm not sold on the lease-only battery pack deal. The cars seem really expensive for not including the battery (VF9 starts at $56k) and is kind of slow (0-60 6.5 sec). Well I guess we will see what happens when they supposedly launch at the end of the year.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
59 Posts
Interesting Vietnamese company. I'm not sold on the lease-only battery pack deal. The cars seem really expensive for not including the battery (VF9 starts at $56k) and is kind of slow (0-60 6.5 sec). Well I guess we will see what happens when they supposedly launch at the end of the year.
I saw VinFast at the L.A. Auto Show, the car looks pretty good in person (and I actually have a reservation on it). I had an internship with Pininfarina so am biased to any products designed by them (although most are out of my price range so not really an issue).

The lease-only battery is a turn off, estimates I saw is that it will add about $100/mo (for the unlimited mileage deal). I would only consider the VinFast on a lease as I don't want to deal with trying to sell the car with a battery lien on the car (I see this akin to selling your house having a solar panel lease).

My biggest turn off for the VinFast is the lack of binnacle/dashboard and only the center screen. It is my biggest issue with the Model 3 and the main reason I am looking for a replacement - I thought I could get use to not having a binnacle but growing to detest it more as time goes on. The VinFast looks like it may have HUD which would compensate for not having a binnacle.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
338 Posts
My biggest turn off for the VinFast is the lack of binnacle/dashboard and only the center screen. It is my biggest issue with the Model 3 and the main reason I am looking for a replacement - I thought I could get use to not having a binnacle but growing to detest it more as time goes on. The VinFast looks like it may have HUD which would compensate for not having a binnacle.
I've pretty much gotten used to my Model 3 after almost four years. A HUD would be great. Our Volvo has a HUD and surround view - both are things I would really like in Tesla - but they will not do. I'm still trying to decide if I keep the Model 3 if I go with the Ocean or sell off my old Nissan.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts