Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"It takes about 30 seconds of silently gliding along the streets and past the cyclists of Copenhagen, Denmark in the Volkswagen ID. Buzz to realize this car is something special"

The European Car/Van market and California EV centric World will surely
gobble up as many as VW factory can produce

Here's the preliminary statistics:
2024 Volkswagen ID. Buzz Pro
Motor:AC Permanent-Magnet Synchronous
Output:201 Horsepower / 229 Pound-Feet
Battery:77.0-Kilowatt-Hour Lithium-Ion (Usable)
EV Range:225 Miles (est)
Base Price:$50,000 (est)

Although the US VW Buzz model will Sport the longer wheelbase, I would definitely
prefer if VW upped the battery to 100KWh, made it AWD model (with two motors, front & rear) and adjust the
Power ratings to go from 201 HP to 300 HP and torque from 229 ft-lb to 350 ft-lb

This would cure the anemic acceleration from an estimated 10.2 sec (to 60 mph)
to a more acceptable 7.2 sec (my guesstimate)

Read up all about it below:
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car
H
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
319 Posts
This is why i say (as a current and many times former VW owner) that VW has jumped the shark. When the emphasis went from fahrvergnugen to trying to “outcamry” Toyota, i lost interest. You can’t tell a passat or jetta from a corolla or accord any longer and all they care about now is selling compact utes to soccer moms.
No thanks, but if you ever come out with a 0-60 in 3.5 seconds EV that looks like my CC and gets 350 miles range, maybe we’ll talk again.

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
214 Posts
I loved the VW Bulli concept. I think it’s sharp looking but it looks like they went for more retro styling with the one they’re coming out with. I mean they’re even going to replicate the plodding slow weeny power too. Under 300 range for a nomad type of vehicle??? What are they thinking?

The Bulli :
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror
Clothing Car Vehicle Land vehicle Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
512 Posts
I love the idea of the IDBuzz, but the range needs more. I don't mind the slower acceleration, but that range is a non starter for me.
I am 100% with you on this. At 225 miles of range, puhleeze! No thank you. Give me a three row EV9 any day over this thing. VW has to get their stuff together with respect to range. 300 miles is a MINIMUM threshold (at least for the top end version).

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
21 Posts
I am 100% with you on this. At 225 miles of range, puhleeze! No thank you. Give me a three row EV9 any day over this thing. VW has to get their stuff together with respect to range. 300 miles is a MINIMUM threshold (at least for the top end version).
The US model is going to have a much larger battery pack than the EU model.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
512 Posts
Here is hoping... the ID.Buzz deserves a chance to succeed. Let's hope VW does not do another Vanagon.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wonderful....hopîng for a 100 KWh battery pack, 7 seats and AWD for the North American model

P.S. Welcome to the Oceanforum @Dark-Fx
Please introduce yourself and tell us your story of how you discovered the Fisker Ocean

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
VW Buzz Actual Production Update:

The Hanover, Germany plant currently makes 100 I.D Buzz per day
Production numbers should grow to 200 units per day by the end of the year.

Furthermore, pre-orders have increased from 10,000 to 12,500 in one month.
Pretty good numbers but DEFINITELY less than the Fisker Ocean ever-increasing Reservations

·
Registered
6 Posts
So disappointed in this. I’ve been eagerly awaiting production of the Buzz since the prototype and was planning on it being the EV that brought me off ICE vehicles. I still love the looks… range and abysmal acceleration killed it for me though.

·
Registered
Ocean Extreme
188 Posts
So disappointed in this. I’ve been eagerly awaiting production of the Buzz since the prototype and was planning on it being the EV that brought me off ICE vehicles. I still love the looks… range and abysmal acceleration killed it for me though.

You might want to wait until the US specs are announced, but I don't have high expectations for the stats to much better.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Has VW released the specs for the U.S. version of the id.Buzz? It’s suppose to be longer, have a bigger motor and have a larger battery then the EU version.
I don't think there's been a full spec release yet but I've heard the same thing.

Those numbers Blue Angel shared are more than fine for European drivers but a range boost is crucial for North America.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Psychodo! Those range numbers for the ID. Buzz are for european models and not for the American one. Expect a range increase when it gets announced because it'll have a bigger battery as well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts