Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Code: DD7VYC
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tesla has an amazing feature that I love. When you enter in your destination the GPS system maps all the places you need to stop at to supercharge along the way. It tells you where they are, it maps the stops and it tells you for how long to charge at each stop.

I am hoping the Ocean will do the same...anyone know?

If not what apps do you use? I have Volta, Charge Point EA, Plugshare.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
I recommend A Better Route Planner (ABRP). It can be tuned to your specific vehicle. I find it can give more accurate trip planning than the built-in Tesla navigation.
For destinations, I use Plugshare for finding public L2 charging.

I find the Tesla routing of superchargers to be sub-optimal on the several trips I have taken. I usually suggests stopping to charge much too early. Like I said above, I find ABRP does a better job.

Most EVs have some sort of charging location built into the nav system. I'm sure the Ocean will be similar.

Reactions: JDOcean

·
Super Moderator
1,234 Posts
ABRP and Plugshare are fantastic. I am sure Fisker will hAbe some kind of mapping/charging programmed into the car as well.

I also hope the app has the capability to tell us how much we have charged and how much it is.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Probably just for the ONE and EXTREME trims. It will be either not available as the Sport doesn't even have NAV or an OTA purchase on the ULTRA.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
746 Posts
Henrik has been saying that the Ocean will have newer technology than other cars because he makes his choices later in the design process, so I'm assuming that the GPS will map out the chargers. Assumptions aren't facts of course, but I'm confident that we'll be taken care of.

·
Registered
Code: DD7VYC
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Henrik has been saying that the Ocean will have newer technology than other cars because he makes his choices later in the design process, so I'm assuming that the GPS will map out the chargers. Assumptions aren't facts of course, but I'm confident that we'll be taken care of.
I hope so. This is a big deal when you travel. I don't want to have to figure all this out.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
I hope so. This is a big deal when you travel. I don't want to have to figure all this out.
Most EVs these days just have you input your trip destination and it routes the drive including any needed charging stops. It's a breeze on my Tesla. In fact, I have a 1400 mile trip coming up next Tuesday.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,162 Posts
Fisker Family,

I’m hoping to do an epic journey in Australia from South (Adelaide) to its northern tip (Darwin) with the Fisker Ocean Ultra!

its around 3800 kilometres or 2400 miles!
Would be fabulous if Fisker Inc would sponsor my trip!
Ecoregion World Map Line Font

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
591 Posts
Fisker Family,

I’m hoping to do an epic journey in Australia from South (Adelaide) to its northern tip (Darwin) with the Fisker Ocean Ultra!

its around 3800 kilometres or 2400 miles!
Would be fabulous if Fisker Inc would sponsor my trip!
View attachment 574

Do you know how the charging network is through the middle? I know there are plenty of options along the coasts but would have concerns in areas of no civilization. In the past, even finding enough gas stations through that area was problematic.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,162 Posts
@TT97
Do you know how the charging network is through the middle? I know there are plenty of options along the coasts but would have concerns in areas of no civilization.
Today, this epic journey is a challenge with petrol vehicles but totally doable.
There are no Rapid Chargers through the Australian Outback and probably just regular plugs
(slow charging). This would probably be best done with petrol vehicles.

I will definitely research the heck out of this journey!

Reactions: TT97

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
591 Posts
@TT97

Today, this epic journey is a challenge with petrol vehicles but totally doable.
There are no Rapid Chargers through the Australian Outback and probably just regular plugs
(slow charging). This would probably be best done with petrol vehicles.

I will definitely research the heck out of this journey!
Have you watched the Long Way Up? It's available on Apple+. Not quite your plan, but a fairly similar situation. LWU is a documentary with Ewan McGregor and his friend. They rode two HD Livewires from the bottom tip of South America to Los Angeles caravanning with 1 or 2 Rivian R1Ts. They had an entire crew helping them including installing charging units in select locations and they still had to charge up on a portable generator several times.

Reactions: Blu Angel
1 - 16 of 16 Posts