Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I though that the Ultra trim does not have the Hollywood mode rotating screen.

but Car and driver claims otherwise.
“Unlike a Tesla, the 17.1-inch display can rotate between portrait and landscape orientations, depending on the driving conditions. While the base model's screen is fixed vertically, its infotainment system comes standard with a Harman/Kardon stereo. All but the Sport model feature the innovative swiveling touchscreen and a more powerful audio system.”

So, will Ultra Trim have the rotating screen, after all? Hope So!m.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
859 Posts
I though that the Ultra trim does not have the Hollywood mode rotating screen.

but Car and driver claims otherwise.
“Unlike a Tesla, the 17.1-inch display can rotate between portrait and landscape orientations, depending on the driving conditions. While the base model's screen is fixed vertically, its infotainment system comes standard with a Harman/Kardon stereo. All but the Sport model feature the innovative swiveling touchscreen and a more powerful audio system.”

So, will Ultra Trim have the rotating screen, after all? Hope So!m.
The Extreme/One have the rotating screen as standard trim; it was always assumed that the rotating screen would be an option on the lower trims (assumed for both but guess just the Ultra).

Expected OTA packages include (from April 2022 Fisker Company Overview):
  • ADAS package
  • Entertainment package
  • Premium package
  • Sport package
  • Winter package
I am going out on a limb and guess the Entertainment package includes the rotating screen.

·
Registered
619 Posts
The Extreme/One have the rotating screen as standard trim; it was always assumed that the rotating screen would be an option on the lower trims (assumed for both but guess just the Ultra).

• ADAS package
  • Entertainment package
  • Premium package
  • Sport package
  • Winter package
I am going out on a limb and guess the Entertainment package includes the rotating screen.
Yeah I think that is a safe guess too. But what in the deep blue sea is the "Premium Package"...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

• ADAS package
  • Entertainment package
  • Premium package
  • Sport package
  • Winter package
Rotating Screen as an "option" - okay!! acceptable.
But, Heated Seats not as a Standard in a $50,000 ULTRA is kinda silly!... and Ultra probably will be 65K after that initial 49,999 price for the first few reservation holders (is that 49,999 price guaranteed for people at or below #40,000 reservation)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Rotating Screen as an "option" - okay!! acceptable.
But, Heated Seats not as a Standard in a $50,000 ULTRA is kinda silly!... and Ultra probably will be 65K after that initial 49,999 price for the first few reservation holders (is that 49,999 price guaranteed for people at or below #40,000 reservation)
Anyone with a confirmed order for an Ultra in the US is locked in for the $49,999 price. Anyone from other markets that get their order confirmed early 2023 will also get it for that price. Anyone in the next wave of orders will not.

And yes that "Winter Package" better be a reasonable price!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone with a confirmed order for an Ultra in the US is locked in for the $49,999 price. Anyone from other markets that get their order confirmed early 2023 will also get it for that price. Anyone in the next wave of orders will not.

And yes that "Winter Package" better be a reasonable price!
Well, that's good to know. I do have a Confirmed Order for ULTRA... but it doesn't say the PRICE. A Order# etc after they converted that $250 reservation amt to a Firm Order.

So,, not ALL reservation holders before Biden signing that EV Bill, had that option to convert to a FIRM Order?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Well, that's good to know. I do have a Confirmed Order for ULTRA... but it doesn't say the PRICE. A Order# etc after they converted that $250 reservation amt to a Firm Order.

So,, not ALL reservation holders before Biden signing that EV Bill, had that option to convert to a FIRM Order?
If you look at the actual document for when you confirmed your order (terms and conditions), it did have pricing for the 3 trims. So it is indeed on the "paperwork".

And yes to give everyone a shot at the old EV tax credit, they opened up all reservations in the US to confirm (which lasted about a week for the Sport and Ultra). The Extreme was available right up to when the bill was signed, as promised.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you look at the actual document for when you confirmed your order (terms and conditions), it did have pricing for the 3 trims. So it is indeed on the "paperwork".

And yes to give everyone a shot at the old EV tax credit, they opened up all reservations in the US to confirm (which lasted about a week for the Sport and Ultra). The Extreme was available right up to when the bill was signed, as promised.
Okay thanks for that info. Wish I had saved those "Terms & Conditions!" ... I couldn't find it anywhere on my Fisker Account. Also, Great that ALL reservation holders got that opportunity to LOCK IN that advertised price for the various Trims.

Does anyone know, what the price shows now for NEW reservations now?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Okay thanks for that info. Wish I had saved those "Terms & Conditions!" ... I couldn't find it anywhere on my Fisker Account. Also, Great that ALL reservation holders got that opportunity to LOCK IN that advertised price for the various Trims.

Does anyone know, what the price shows now for NEW reservations now?
Right now if you are in the US, you will only be able to order an Extreme trim at the normal pricing for 2023. They are not selling into 2024 yet which will have new pricing most likely. That pricing is not announced and we will probably know more only when they announce opening up orders/reservations for after the initial 40,000 units.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right now if you are in the US, you will only be able to order an Extreme trim at the normal pricing for 2023. They are not selling into 2024 yet which will have new pricing most likely. That pricing is not announced and we will probably know more only when they announce opening up orders/reservations for after the initial 40,000 units.
Okay - that makes sense. They have enough Reservations and "firm" orders that exceed their production capacity through 2024 anyway.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 63,000+
1,336 Posts
@TT97 @FiskeredMan
The beauty & essence of the Entertainment Package is ability to view movies in their
Natural horizontal format while listening in Dolby Atmos surround sound!

This, the Entertainment Package will be the whole enchilada....Horizontal Screen and Beautiful Sound

Reactions: FiskeredMan

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@TT97 @FiskeredMan

The beauty & essence of the Entertainment Package is ability to view movies in their
Natural horizontal format while listening in Dolby Atmos surround sound!

This, the Entertainment Package will be the whole enchilada....Horizontal Screen and Beautiful Sound
That's a good thing only if we have to wait for longer periods while charging, right? I'm hoping that charging will be super fast soon. I'd rather watch great entertainment on a 80" TV at home on my recliner. If the price is right, maybe worth it to get that Upgrade. I really hope heated seats will be standard in all Oceans - at least in ULTRA!

·
Registered
254 Posts
@Blu Angel or anyone: I am particularly keen for hi end audio support in the Ocean One & have been keeping an eye out for audio details. There was a brief moment in November 2021 where the Fisker website listed ELS Studio 3D as the audio suite behind HyperSound. However, they removed that and there have been no specifics since.

Question, do we know that HyperSound will support surround sound 5.1 or better? All I've seen is the word 'immersive', which could mean 2-channel stereo from a lot of speakers.

I have a bunch of hi res surround sound albums (Pink Floyd, Beatles, Rush, Kraftwerk, etc), and hope to be able to enjoy them in the car. I just haven't seen anything in print to verify.

Yep, I know I repost this same question in different words every few months....

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
859 Posts
Yeah, my all too frequent work zoom calls are really gonna pop on that screen/sound system😂
Will the pillar camera double as a zoom camera? :)

Reactions: ocsteve39 and Jay

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
802 Posts
Once cars start getting delivered, I’m making a tacos tray thread.
I feel like we need to have a contest nominating the best tacos on the taco tray. I am already feeling like nominating the Supreme Gumbo Taco from a local place near my house.

Food Ingredient Recipe Staple food Tableware

1 - 20 of 22 Posts