Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
@Watanabe
Welcome to the Oceanforum
Please introduce yourself and document your journey to the Fisker Ocean.

P.S. I'm from the Upper Upper part, just North of the 49th parallel!,馃ぅ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who am I? That is a deep question, but will try and make it simple. I reside in forgotten NYC borough via Nigeria. My interest in Fisker started during the pandemic when my patient introduced my to the company. I have both invested and reservced the ocean and waiting patiently for it. I hope I can find like minded folks here in this forum.

Registered
@Watanabe
my patient introduced my to the company.
Wow....you have very knowledgeable patients.
The folks around here are super nice and very accommodating
However, its infested with Canadians!馃ぃ

Reactions: ocsteve39

Registered
@Chip
Please tell us your LONG story that finally led you to discover the fabulous Fisker Ocean....
@SeaPhil4
I suspect the Canadian infestation will greatly subside once the puck drops in about 3 weeks....
Well, there are multiple factors to the heavy Canadian presence......but I suspect
neither the Maple Leafs, nor the Blue Jays or the amazing Raptors will dampen the
Canadian enthusiasm for the Fisker Ocean...

Registered
@Chip
Please tell us your LONG story that finally led you to discover the fabulous Fisker Ocean....
@SeaPhil4

Well, there are multiple factors to the heavy Canadian presence......but I suspect
neither the Maple Leafs, nor the Blue Jays or the amazing Raptors will dampen the
But true Canadians know that the best time to root for the Leafs is at the beginning of the year and not in April/May :p

Registered
@Chip
@SeaPhil4

The long story is that I put solar panels on my house early on around 2002ish, to help kickstart the revolution to reduce climate change - back then it was called global warming. I hoped that my action, and others like me, would help increase demand for solar panels so that prices would come down and they would become more accessible to the masses. I think they are now.

So when I heard about the Nissan Leaf, the first accessible electric vehicle in 2009 or 2010, I jumped on it, put in my order, and got one of the first ones that came out in 2011. I loved the quick and quiet acceleration, but the range was a challenge. It was a good commute vehicle but that was about it. I bought a Tesla model 3 in 2018 and love it. So when my wife wanted an SUV-like car, the Fisker Ocean really stood out from the others for its appearance and range. Looking forward to seeing them in person.

Registered
The long story is that I put solar panels on my house early on around 2002ish, to help kickstart the revolution to reduce climate change - back then it was called global warming. I hoped that my action, and others like me, would help increase demand for solar panels so that prices would come down and they would become more accessible to the masses. I think they are now.

So when I heard about the Nissan Leaf, the first accessible electric vehicle in 2009 or 2010, I jumped on it, put in my order, and got one of the first ones that came out in 2011. I loved the quick and quiet acceleration, but the range was a challenge. It was a good commute vehicle but that was about it. I bought a Tesla model 3 in 2018 and love it. So when my wife wanted an SUV-like car, the Fisker Ocean really stood out from the others for its appearance and range. Looking forward to seeing them in person.
You have quite the Green pedigree! Thank you for being such an early adopter of green energy and technology.

Registered
@Chip
The long story is that I put solar panels on my house early on around 2002ish, to help kickstart the revolution to reduce climate change
I kneel humbled in your presence.....a TRUE Revolutionary, Believer and Early Adopter....
the world classifies you as as "INNOVATOR!"

Thank you for really helping show all of us, by your actions, what it means to Lead this
EV revolution (2011 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Tesla 3 & 2023/24 Fisker Ocean)

Slope Font Parallel Triangle Symmetry

Reactions: Chip

Registered
@Chip

I kneel humbled in your presence.....a TRUE Revolutionary, Believer and Early Adopter....
the world classifies you as as "INNOVATOR!"

Thank you for really helping show all of us, by your actions, what it means to Lead this
EV revolution (2011 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Tesla 3 & 2023/24 Fisker Ocean)

View attachment 1752
I'm either an early adopter or easily persuaded.

Registered
I guess I am a Late majority when it comes to EV's, but somewhere between Innovator and Early Adopter ( depending on if we go by initial deposit or Model One NR deposit) for Fisker. I have "thought" and tried to live green for more than a decade but financial considerations made early adoption in many/most cases nearly impossible.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts