Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Assume this has been covered, but how are they planning to service these if there are issues - new company, first product, etc.?
That's the million dollar question. I'm sure you'll be fine if you live in Los Angeles, but if you live in Wilmington, NC, or Bend, OR? They say they'll train local firestone technicians to fix the cars, but where? Which firestones will receive training?

The first batch of cars will likely have a lot of problems. Who is going to do all those warranty repairs?

This is a big gamble that most customers are taking.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Less of a gamble than a new ICE for sure. There are rumors of Bridgestone/Firestone/Goodyear/PepBoys(hope not) being contracted and also mobile service technicians i assume near major cities at first before venturing out to more rural areas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess we'll see. For me, that's the best reason to not be among the very first. I had an early Model X and was glad to have a service center nearby as there were a lot of glitches. I have a Volvo XC40 Recharge now, and it has been in 3-4 times for growing pain type things as the brands first EV (but my dealer is just minutes away).

·
Super Moderator
1,177 Posts
No concrete info on service yet but they did touch upon it in the Aug. 3rd Investors meeting. From that meeting, what we know is that they'll come pick up the car and take it to service and Fisker themselves will be handling it. If they do need a third party to handle it, they'll be invisible and the customer won't even know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts