Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
2020 Tesla Model 3, 2013 Chevy Volt
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information on these features for the Ocean? If you have snow/ice mode I'm wondering why you need smart torque vectoring for safety reasons? Will the vehicle automatically engage this mode or must you manually select it?

Will there even be HUD and if so will it only be limited to the karaoke feature that I've read about?

How about the tow package? Is it an option for all trims? I don't see it or HUD in any feature list.

· Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
816 Posts
Does anyone have any information on these features for the Ocean? If you have snow/ice mode I'm wondering why you need smart torque vectoring for safety reasons? Will the vehicle automatically engage this mode or must you manually select it?

Will there even be HUD and if so will it only be limited to the karaoke feature that I've read about?

How about the tow package? Is it an option for all trims? I don't see it or HUD in any feature list.
Hi @Langer Good questions, here my thinking:
The Smart Torque vectoring (disengage one motor) is, I believe, to get a better range as Porsche is doing on the Taycan. It will be done automatically on highway or bad condition in winter.
No info about an HUD for now but my feeling is it will be not available this year, maybe in one or two years.
Fisker has confirmed the tow package, it should be on option when the orders will be open.

· Registered
125 Posts
Hi @Langer Good questions, here my thinking:
The Smart Torque vectoring (disengage one motor) is, I believe, to get a better range as Porsche is doing on the Taycan. It will be done automatically on highway or bad condition in winter.
No info about an HUD for now but my feeling is it will be not available this year, maybe in one or two years.
Fisker has confirmed the tow package, it should be on option when the orders will be open.
Tow package I like ,supposedly up to 4000lb.

· Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
827 Posts
Use the Specifications link
How will the Fisker Ocean handle in the snow?
The Fisker Ocean will handle exceptionally well in snow conditions due to its low center of gravity. It will also have Snow/Ice Mode standard to maximize traction on snow by controlling motor torque. The available AWD system will work with state-of-the-art traction control to make the Fisker Ocean an ideal all-terrain and all-weather vehicle.

Will you have a tow hitch receiver? What’s the towing capacity of the Fisker Ocean?
Yes, the Fisker Ocean will have a tow package option. We are targeting the below towing capacities:
  • Fisker Ocean Ultra/Extreme and Ocean One Tow Capacity: 4,000 lbs. (1,815 kg)
  • Fisker Ocean Sport Tow Capacity: 2,040 lbs. (1,090 kg)

· Registered
125 Posts
I'm hoping it can handle a bike rack. Will we have to specify the tow at purchase or will be able to add it later?
My guess is it will be a standard 11/4 to 2' receiver and should be perfect for a bike rack.
I'm hoping it can handle a bike rack. Will we have to specify the tow at purchase or will be able to add it later?

· Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
1,444 Posts
So according to the new configurator, there is a tow package ($1200) and an accessory receiver ($800). The description seems kind of vague to me. What do you get just with the tow package? Wouldn't that already have the receiver? That's the way it is for all the car's I've purchased with a tow package.

Tow Package = Safely tow behind your Extreme and Ultra and Sport

Accessory Receiver = An essential addition when attaching any 2" accessory like the Fisker Bike Carrier. Note: the complete Tow Package is recommended for Trailer Towing.

· Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
1,018 Posts
So according to the new configurator, there is a tow package ($1200) and an accessory receiver ($800). The description seems kind of vague to me. What do you get just with the tow package? Wouldn't that already have the receiver? That's the way it is for all the car's I've purchased with a tow package.

Accessory Receiver = An essential addition when attaching any 2" accessory like the Fisker Bike Carrier. Note: the complete Tow Package is recommended for Trailer Towing.
My guess is the Accessory Receiver is just the hitch bar and the Tow Package also includes necessary wiring. Hopefully, you do not need both for towing. The configurator lets you select both (as opposed to deleting one when choosing the other) but that could just be the configurator not properly programmed.

Reactions: Revilo

· Registered
106 Posts

So does this mean that the towing receiver is the smaller size and needs this receiver in order to tow? I would think that if the Ocean has a 4000lb towing capacity it would natively have a 2" receiver. This towing capacity is a key requirement for me in choosing this vehicle.

· Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
1,444 Posts
Yes, more questions than answers! I wish the configurator was smart enough to graphically show the accessories on the car. That is fairly common for car manufacturers (at least premium ones).

· Registered
193 Posts
Yes, more questions than answers! I wish the configurator was smart enough to graphically show the accessories on the car. That is fairly common for car manufacturers (at least premium ones).
This is Fisker. They already got the cloth and feeltek interior wrong. They got 2 centre taco tray, I suspect and error of right and left hand drive. I also wonder if the wheels are correct as the 22inch significantly look bigger than 20inch. I thought they would be roughly the same as smaller rim means larger rubber Vs bigger rims and smaller lower profile rubber.

· Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
1,051 Posts
This is Fisker. They already got the cloth and feeltek interior wrong. They got 2 centre taco tray, I suspect and error of right and left hand drive. I also wonder if the wheels are correct as the 22inch significantly look bigger than 20inch. I thought they would be roughly the same as smaller rim means larger rubber Vs bigger rims and smaller lower profile rubber.
22" wheels are 1" larger diameter than 20" wheels.

· Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
1,051 Posts
Thanks, don't you think that the configurator seems to show a lot smaller?

Here hoping someone cancels One order and I get option as default. Otherwise may have to buy a ICE as £60k was budget Inc colours and wheels.
I am with you. I think Fisker needs to be throwing in a few more color or wheel choices to the Extreme model. As it stands, I would not convert my second reservation (extreme). The wheels and paint would bump it over $5k to $74.5k My RIvian R1S is only in for $3k more!

· Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
459 Posts

I could be blowing hot air but as I understand it, you select snow/ice mode to get your best and safest traction in inclement weather. The one thing you don’t want in the snow is spinning your wheels by so much torque the Ocean will have being a high HP EV. So, when you select that mode no wheel gets max power. Each wheel will transmit a softer power to the ground and limit just how much power can be applied, and will detect any slipping and stop any more power to each wheel when that happens. When it does happen it distributes power to the other wheels. Basically you are engaging anti slip all around. In normal stop light grand prix mode the car just gives it it’s all.

This has nothing to do with torque vectoring. Torque v takes place when you’re in normal modes and applying power while cornering. Then, more power is applied to outside wheels and less power to inside wheels to help get the car around the corner better. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

HUD? I bet so, about three years out, to give a reason to buy a new one

Karaoke mode? This was something that was tossed around a while back and went bye bye. I’d bet too much liability for something that could get crazy and in a car is NOT a good place 🎙🤤

· Registered
52 Posts
My guess is the Accessory Receiver is just the hitch bar and the Tow Package also includes necessary wiring. Hopefully, you do not need both for towing. The configurator lets you select both (as opposed to deleting one when choosing the other) but that could just be the configurator not properly programmed.
I see it the same, and for me it's clear... The TOW Package is everything you need to tow a trailer or anything. The Accessory receiver is only for taking accessories....

· Registered
228 Posts

Torque vectoring is when a car can provide different torques to each wheel, and is different from the "disconnect" feature many AWD cars have (which disconnects an axel if the extra torque is not needed). Torque vectoring is usually intended to improve handling & safety, but can also help efficiency a little. We don't yet know how Fisker/Magna's torque vectoring compares with similar systems. ... Torque vectoring ("Smart Traction") is standard on the Extreme and optional on Sport & Ultra through their Performance Packages. ... Rear disconnect is standard on Ultra & Extreme, and not needed on Sport as it is 2WD.

I do not yet know any details about Snow & Ice Mode other than a planned early-2024 release. Possibly, that timeframe was chosen so they can get real-driver data on how the Ocean handles in winter weather. If I had to guess, I would expect it will dial back acceleration quite a bit, use less rear disconnect, and be more aggressive with torque.

From all I've hear, the Ocean does not have a HUD.

No word yet on what comes with the tow package. Is it just a hitch & wiring? Or do they beef up the suspension a bit, too? ... Maybe it comes with a "Tow Mode" with middling acceleration and lots of torque, but not sure. All we know as yet is the price ($1200). It is optional across trim lines.

· Registered
507 Posts
I see it the same, and for me it's clear... The TOW Package is everything you need to tow a trailer or anything. The Accessory receiver is only for taking accessories....
Looks to me like the accessory receiver is basically upgrading to a 2" receiver accessory vs the usual CUV 1 1/4" sizing. If so, the most you are supposed to be able to tow on a 1 1/4" receiver would be 2000 lbs. If so, that means to get the 4000 lbs of towing you would have to get both the tow package and receiver package. I hope I am wrong, but if that's the case its kind of annoying.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

· Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
1,018 Posts
Looks to me like the accessory receiver is basically upgrading to a 2" receiver accessory vs the usual CUV 1 1/4" sizing. If so, the most you are supposed to be able to tow on a 1 1/4" receiver would be 2000 lbs. If so, that means to get the 4000 lbs of towing you would have to get both the tow package and receiver package. I hope I am wrong, but if that's the case its kind of annoying.

View attachment 2662
A Class I tow hitch goes to 2,000 lbs. Class II is still 1¼" but can take up to 3,500 lbs. For 4,000 lbs. rating, the car will need a 2" Class III hitch.

The Ultra/Extreme/One will need to come with a Class III tow hitch as the car is rated for 4,000 lbs. Why would they make a towing package with a car-based hitch? There are plenty of hitch carriers that come with 1¼" receiver, you wouldn't need a 2" receiver just for accessories.

I still believe the difference between the Tow Package and the Accessory Receiver is the wiring for towing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts