Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Referral Code JAXF3T
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With so many pictures of the solar panel roof patterns, I think there are three different ones? I was just wondering if that is something you can choose the pattern? Not that is matters I suppose but still I wonder?:unsure:

·
Registered
Referral ode JCP1CQ
191 Posts
With so many pictures of the solar panel roof patterns, I think there are three different ones? I was just wondering if that is something you can choose the pattern? Not that is matters I suppose but still I wonder?:unsure:
My guess is, that it has only been for the look and not function in all the pictures. And I guess this pattern will be the one:
Input device Space bar Computer keyboard Wood Rectangle

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
386 Posts
Sad to see they ditched the turn signal indicators in the upper rear side of the car. Did they get rid of the cool thin orange ones on the front grille too?
The rear turn signals are still a hyped feature of the Ocean. It’s still listed on every trim as the “See Me Signal “. I believe the thin orange lights on the front are the actual turn signals and running lights too.

I think HF mentioned a long time ago the SMS was thought of because high vehicles have a hard time seeing low car’s turn signals. It’s a safety thing.

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
386 Posts
Why on earth would they change to clear??? Doesn’t the signal have to be yellow (at least where I live…).

Only thing that would make sense is that yes they’re clear and yes HF is truthful, by just making the signal clear with yellow LED’s behind it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Why on earth would they change to clear??? Doesn’t the signal have to be yellow (at least where I live…).

Only thing that would make sense is that yes they’re clear and yes HF is truthful, by just making the signal clear with yellow LED’s behind it.
I think the consensus is that having the colored LEDs light up yellow (so that it is not yellow when off) looks more premium. So this would be a plus if so. I have seen them both ways on the car and would definitely prefer if they looked white/clear when off.

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
386 Posts
I see your point, but clear doesn’t look any more premium to me. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Or, it could be easier to mitigate color issues in other world markets. Yellow isnt acceptable in Elbonia, so they make it clear and put in Prince purple LED’s in just that market. Dunno.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
859 Posts
I think the consensus is that having the colored LEDs light up yellow (so that it is not yellow when off) looks more premium. So this would be a plus if so. I have seen them both ways on the car and would definitely prefer if they looked white/clear when off.
Weren't they lighting up red originally?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Reflectors are required in North America.Orange up front and red in the back. Typically the red ones hide inside the taillight housing. They ruined the Ioniq 5 headlights by placing an orange reflector inside. The Korean market ones look cleaner.

And I agree about the premium look of a white DRL that is also the turn signal. Look at a Benz or Audi, lots of them have white DRLs that double as turn signals. But then again, Kia does some cool stuff with the Telluride and K5 using nice amber DRLs.

To each their own.

·
Registered
859 Posts
No I am taking about the lower curved blinker lines in the front. If you look at the pics inside the app, you will see some of them are yellow - even while off. The red strips near the front wheel wells are reflectors and may be required by US law.
Thanks. I don't know why, but I was thinking of the See Me Signals.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
1,255 Posts
I was watching the review of the new Genesis G80 EV and it has a solar roof. Interesting how they incorporate it into the EV charging page on the display. I'm hoping that Fisker does something similar.

·
Registered
859 Posts
It's good they show Total Cumulative Power Generation in Watts - 38936 Wh sounds more impressive than "120 miles". I test drove a Fisker Karma (Karma Revero) a few years ago and believe the car also showed solar roof generation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts