Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been patiently waiting for my Ultra for 2 1/2 years now and after reading some of the comments about the Ultra not being available until 2024, i took a Polestar 2 for a test drive today. I loved the simplicity of the interior and the ride quality was great.
I just need someone to tell me that the Ultra will be available in 2023 and it's a superior vehicle to the Polesatar 2 and not just the range which is not important to me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do it bro, jump off the cliff.

Jk, seriously though no one knows when the Ultras will be built. I'm wanting the Ultra too but don't think I will get one until late 2023/early 2024. I might end up opting for an EV6, Ioniq 5, or Chevy Equinox by next year if I really need a car. We'll see how the SOP goes in November.

Just keep the rsvp, worst thing is you're out of $25. Best case scenario is that people don't want the Extreme and they end up making the Ultras sooner.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
624 Posts
I've been patiently waiting for my Ultra for 2 1/2 years now and after reading some of the comments about the Ultra not being available until 2024, i took a Polestar 2 for a test drive today. I loved the simplicity of the interior and the ride quality was great.
I just need someone to tell me that the Ultra will be available in 2023 and it's a superior vehicle to the Polesatar 2 and not just the range which is not important to me.
I have reserved the Polestar 2 also which I must receive at the beginning of 2023. If the Ultra ever arrives in 2023 I will sell the Polestar if not I will cancel the Ultra. I also have a reservation for BMW I4 that I will probably cancel because they postponed the expected delivery and price increase so much that federal and provincial incentive cannot be allocated.
Most of the members here have many reservations.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The latest news that we have direct from Henrik's mouth is that the Ultra trim will start to be built in Q4 of 2023 (which we can read as October). If you have had your reservation for 2.5 years, I would imagine you would be one of the first Ultras off the line. I assume things could change and you could see your vehicle sooner or later than that, but that is all we have to go on. You will probably have a more concrete estimate when October comes and they allow us to convert our reservations to orders.

That being said, the Polestar seems to be a great car that you can actually drive right now and make a full assessment of. I am not sure what your urgency for a vehicle is, but it seems the Polestar is a decent choice that you can attain probably at least a year in advance. They have the UX figured out, the quality is there, they are super sustainable. Perhaps the price, range and performance does not live up to the Fisker... on paper anyway.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
969 Posts
I consider the Polestar 2 a Model 3 competitor not really an Ocean competitor. The Polestar 4 will be the Ocean competitor, but it is still a couple years away.

Reactions: PDS-1

·
Registered
474 Posts
I consider the Polestar 2 a Model 3 competitor not really an Ocean competitor. The Polestar 4 will be the Ocean competitor, but it is still a couple years away.
I can speak for myself to say that I was not looking at SUVs at all. I typically like small agile cars. The reason I put a reservation on an Ocean is that you can not buy a model 3 or even a Polestar for anywhere near the price for what you get in the lower trims of the Ocean (especially if you factor in the tax rebate). One of the reasons I want an Ultra trim with the torque vectoring function is to make it drive more car-like.
Before all of the prices hikes and the used market going to crap, my plan was to get a performance Model 3 used. Now they are completely priced out.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
969 Posts
I got you. With the recent Tesla price increases, my 2018 Model 3 with almost 50k miles is worth what I paid for it four years ago! Pretty crazy really.

·
Registered
233 Posts
OP I would say watch some youtube reviews especially the charging curve ones as if I remember correctly the Polestar does not meet its own standard of peak charge and if it does its not for long and take the car longer to charge. So really look into different aspects before just diving into any EV. Think about what it is you will be doing with this new EV just commuting around town or road tripping. If road tripping with an EV you need range and fast charging speeds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you really like the Polestar 2 and you need/want a car now, then just go ahead and get it. It's a fine vehicle and I'm sure you'll be happy with it. There are a lot of unknowns with the Ocean... so I'd echo an earlier recommendation. Keep your Ocean reservation, but if you need a car now go ahead and get the Polestar now. If the Ocean comes out on schedule and looks as amazing as well all want, then you can sell your Polestar and make the switch. If not, you're out $25.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I reserved in November 2019 I was promised a vehicle I could buy for less than 40k. After almost 4 years I am told the only vehicle I will be able to purchase will cost nearly twice as much. Not to mention I will be buying an earlier production model with possible numerous "bugs". If anything, the folks that will be driving earlier models should get a discount for "testing" the vehicle. Oh, and did I mention that the lease that was promised will not be available. Also, do not forget that Fisker has receive an interest free loan from all of the reservation holders. Needless to say I am very disappointed.I would say Jump if you have the opportunity.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
969 Posts
I see it as simply this: If Fisker can get enough orders for Extreme through summer 2023, that's all they will produce until the 4th quarter. If the numbers are low, then the Ultra/Sport will get moved up. Of course the levers in this are 1) economy/recession affecting orders, 2) global parts supply getting better/worse, 3) manufacturing snags that don't include parts, etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have reserved the Polestar 2 also which I must receive at the beginning of 2023. If the Ultra ever arrives in 2023 I will sell the Polestar if not I will cancel the Ultra. I also have a reservation for BMW I4 that I will probably cancel because they postponed the expected delivery and price increase so much that federal and provincial incentive cannot be allocated.
Most of the members here have many reservations.
I presently lease the Polestar 2, it is a FANTASIC driving machine. I would advise one strong cautionary piece of advice
Drive it before u jump. The driving position is NOT as comfortable as you would expect. I am 6'2 so perhaps its a function of my height but i find it sad that when producing a car in that class they couldnt find a way to make the driving position comfortable for my size.

other than that it IS a fantastic car.
I put my reservation in for the Fisker as my NEXT car. we will see when it actually gets produced and called for.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
624 Posts
I presently lease the Polestar 2, it is a FANTASIC driving machine. I would advise one strong cautionary piece of advice
Drive it before u jump. The driving position is NOT as comfortable as you would expect. I am 6'2 so perhaps its a function of my height but i find it sad that when producing a car in that class they couldnt find a way to make the driving position comfortable for my size.

other than that it IS a fantastic car.
I put my reservation in for the Fisker as my NEXT car. we will see when it actually gets produced and called for.
Thank you for the cue.
I reserved a driving test for July 21 with my wife (big little Boss), hope that we will be impressed!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just curious, has Fisker reached out to early early reservation holders to reserve the Ocean One. I know that 5k Ocean One reservation opens on July 1st. Not sure if the early reservation holders are given priority
"Opening up" the reservations does not mean opening to everyone. They are moving down the queue and once they get 5,000 customers to agree to purchase the One, they are done. Basically you must be invited to purchase the One. If you are outside of the first 5,000 reservations it will take people in front of you opting to go for a different trim to get to you. The question is how far down the list will it go. If 40% want a One/Extreme than you can expect it to go to 12,500.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts
Yes Polestar 2 and Model 3 are cars
But I think you mean the Polestar 3? that's an SUV, like Ocean. The Polestar 4 is a coupe,don't think it will compete with Ocean
Why are you reviving all these old threads?

The Polestar 4 will be an Coupe SUV. It will in essence be a smaller Polestar 3. The 3 is more upmarket than the Ocean; I also see the 4 being closer competition to the Ocean than the Polestar 3.

Reactions: SeaPhil4
1 - 20 of 21 Posts