Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thoughts from the Motley Fool:

What happened
Fisker ( FSR 11.29% ) may be behind other electric vehicle (EV) start-ups with the release of its first commercial vehicle, but it seems there are plenty of customers willing to wait. That news is helping Fisker stock pop today. As of 2:25 p.m. ET, the company's shares had jumped 11.4%.

Now what
Fisker is offering four models of the Ocean SUV that are being manufactured under a contract agreement by 60-year-old automotive industry supplier Magna International. Production is expected to begin in November. The SUV models range in price from $37,499 to $68,999. Fisker says it believes that "many" of the reservation holders plan to buy one of the top two premium models, both priced at $68,999. If even half of the 40,000 vehicles are bought at that price, that alone will mean revenue of nearly $1.4 billion.

Fisker expects its capacity to be sold out for the two premium models through most of 2023, and it anticipates beginning meaningful production volumes of the other models in 2024. Investors will be watching to see what volume the company estimates it can have produced through 2023. At its recent share price, Fisker is valued with a market cap of $4.3 billion. Once that production guidance comes later this year, it will be more practical to see how the company is valued compared with its EV peers. For today, the customer interest is enough to get some investors wanting to own shares.
Source: https://www.fool.com/investing/2022/04/04/why-fisker-shares-popped-today/

Not sure how accurate this is, but in my opinion, waiting until 2024 to deliver Ultras is not a wise idea. I can guess that the Premium models make up a small fraction of the 40K reservations.

Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!

Not sure how accurate this is, but in my opinion, waiting until 2024 to deliver Ultras is not a wise idea. I can guess that the Premium models make up a small fraction of the 40K reservations.
Based on our internal survey One/Extreme represent about 43%!!

Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
Based on our internal survey One/Extreme represent about 43%!!
and Ultra make up 38%!
That leaves a minority 19% for the Ocean Sport

Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
Where is this survey?
I'm not sure I have voted yet.
Look for this at the top:

Rectangle Line Font Parallel Electric blue

Although those results are closer to 34% (13 extreme & 20 Ones of 97 respondents).

Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
Where is this survey?
I'm not sure I have voted yet.
This was a survey done by Fisker using the reservations and selected configurations as of December 2021.

Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
I'm guessing that Fisker stocks will be erratic until they actually start producing. My financial advisor wasn't too keen on it but bought me some after a bit. I'm, and no doubt all of us here, seeing the long term potential of this company.

Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
I'm up 40% now! I should have bought more at $10!

Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
April 4, 2022
Fisker ( FSR 11.29% ) may be behind other electric vehicle (EV) start-ups with the release of its first commercial vehicle, but it seems there are plenty of customers willing to wait.

That news is helping Fisker stock pop today.
the company's shares had jumped 11.4%.

Super Moderator

Source: https://www.fool.com/investing/2022/04/04/why-fisker-shares-popped-today/

I agree but you also have to understand the more premium models allow Fisker to bring in more money. Tesla did the same thing. They're trying to reach economies of scale.

Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
Well, FSR stock didn't have a very good day today when compared to yesterday's stellar action. I expected the vulture profit takers to show up today and spoil yesterday's nice price action. However, there is a silver lining for today's trading...Fisker wasn't down as much as Tesla (on a % basis) was today! Guess that's a small win! 鈿

Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
Well, FSR stock didn't have a very good day today when compared to yesterday's stellar action. I expected the vulture profit takers to show up today and spoil yesterday's nice price action. However, there is a silver lining for today's trading...Fisker wasn't down as much as Tesla (on a % basis) was today! Guess that's a small win! 鈿
It was a big down day for the overall market, so not surprising that the tech companies take a bigger hit.

Reactions: UltraVol
1 - 15 of 15 Posts