Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Fisker CEO said Monday on LinkedIn the Extreme trim of the company’s first model Fisker Ocean has “over $30k of standard options” in comparison with the Ultra trim adding that Fisker will unveil further details in October."

I'm very intrigued.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yep, Henrik said it was approximately $34k in options between the Ultra to Extreme trims.

Here is a thread with possible options pricing (totally speculative at this point):

·
Registered
319 Posts
Just wish, that the surprise be HUD. Highly unlikely but I can hope.
I did not realize the level of passion that existed for HUD before this thread. I’ve used it, its cool- but not a gimmee gimmee feature for me. As long as the display above the steering wheel gives useful info like gps turn directions, current speed/speed limit and maybe next coffee shop I’ll be happy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
HUD is one of those things I have become very much used to. Not just for the maps, but speed limit/your speed, phone numbers when making calls/radio stations and song lists when changing stations/turn signal indicators/other alerts and information gets displayed there. I have it in both my cars for last 7 years and it will be a learning process to not have HUD. Sometimes the screen is partially blocked by steering wheel. I can't remember consciously looking at the dash screen anymore unless I am looking for something specific. I am sure I can re-learn to look at the screen, but just wish there was an option for Heads Up Display. You notice it more (or the lack of it) when your other car has it.

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
I did not realize the level of passion that existed for HUD before this thread. I’ve used it, its cool- but not a gimmee gimmee feature for me. As long as the display above the steering wheel gives useful info like gps turn directions, current speed/speed limit and maybe next coffee shop I’ll be happy.
I'm with you. I haven't experienced the new 3D HUDs like Mercedes has but I personally do not prefer it. Two reasons: 1.) I don't like things even floating things in my eyesight. It takes me .5 seconds to look down and check my speed. 2.) The HUD ends up just disappearing after a couple of drives. I end up just getting use to it and just ignoring it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm with you. I haven't experienced the new 3D HUDs like Mercedes has but I personally do not prefer it. Two reasons: 1.) I don't like things even floating things in my eyesight. It takes me .5 seconds to look down and check my speed. 2.) The HUD ends up just disappearing after a couple of drives. I end up just getting use to it and just ignoring it.
I also agree with this, I find a HUD more distracting than useful. If they did an AR navigation in the driver display it would be even cooler, IMO. Something like this:
Motor vehicle Vehicle Plant Automotive design Car

·
Registered
36 Posts
I thinks it very depends on the HUD. I've seen different versions from Mercedes, Audi, BMW, and so on.
I really like the BMW HUD, it gives you a lot of information in a good quality/resolution but it's not to much (overloaded).
But maybe because I'm just used to it.

This Augmentet Reality "HUD" in the display i don't like. for me it takes to much time to look at it and realize all the information. I was driving a MB with AG for a couple of days, didn't really like it.

But everyone has a different taste...

I don't think we will have any kind of HUD in the Ocean, and i can life with that.
I really hope, the small dashboard screen will show us enough information including navigation....

·
Registered
474 Posts
I thinks it very depends on the HUD. I've seen different versions from Mercedes, Audi, BMW, and so on.
I really like the BMW HUD, it gives you a lot of information in a good quality/resolution but it's not to much (overloaded).
But maybe because I'm just used to it.

This Augmentet Reality "HUD" in the display i don't like. for me it takes to much time to look at it and realize all the information. I was driving a MB with AG for a couple of days, didn't really like it.

But everyone has a different taste...

I don't think we will have any kind of HUD in the Ocean, and i can life with that.
I really hope, the small dashboard screen will show us enough information including navigation....
The difference is that they will not have a hardware HUD but they can do anything they want with the screens. That driver screen will be the best place for HUD-like information and options can be updated OTA.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts
Navigation directions is my biggest gripe of the Tesla. With only the center screen and 1/3 of the screen wasted showing cars around you; it takes time to locate the directions on the screen (and doesn't help that they are fairly small on the screen). I don't need HUD; just need to able to see the next turn directly in front of me so don't have to seek the screen for the next turn and the binnacle works just fine for it.

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
Navigation directions is my biggest gripe of the Tesla. With only the center screen and 1/3 of the screen wasted showing cars around you; it takes time to locate the directions on the screen (and doesn't help that they are fairly small on the screen). I don't need HUD; just need to able to see the next turn directly in front of me so don't have to seek the screen for the next turn and the binnacle works just fine for it.
I LOVE LOVE that Tesla tells me how much battery I'll have when I get to my destination and how much battery I'll have round trip. My biggest gripe is how late it actually gives me directions sometimes and from time to time, the voice tells me to go right but the map shows left or vice versa.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts
I LOVE LOVE that Tesla tells me how much battery I'll have when I get to my destination and how much battery I'll have round trip. My biggest gripe is how late it actually gives me directions sometimes and from time to time, the voice tells me to go right but the map shows left or vice versa.
I love that part as well. I really love that I can get into my car, put in any address and the car will let me know where and how long I need to stop to charge to get to may destination; no need to pre-plan any long distance trips.

Reactions: JDOcean and HotIce

·
Registered
474 Posts
I love that part as well. I really love that I can get into my car, put in any address and the car will let me know where and how long I need to stop to charge to get to may destination; no need to pre-plan any long distance trips.
Agreed. The fact this is not mainstream is crazy. This helps alleviate the main concern people have about buying an EV - range anxiety.

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
The only problem ist, the screen in front of the driver is not very big... but we will see...
I don't think it really needs to be. Speed, directions, media, and some other regular info like temp, miles, direction of travel and that should be what it regularly displays. Would be cool if it showed things like who's calling or your contacts so you can make a call using the steering wheel. Maybe we can take a look at the Mach-E and see how that is? It looks like they are very similar.

Update:

·
Registered
474 Posts
I don't think it really needs to be. Speed, directions, media, and some other regular info like temp, miles, direction of travel and that should be what it regularly displays. Would be cool if it showed things like who's calling or your contacts so you can make a call using the steering wheel. Maybe we can take a look at the Mach-E and see how that is? It looks like they are very similar.

Update:
I may end up saying this about the Ocean as well but DAMN, Ford needs a UI designer STAT. That interface is a boring snooze-fest. Yes I know it does the job but even my 10 year old Honda touch screen looks more interesting to use.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts