Nothing even comes close to matching the Tesla SC network

Water World Ecoregion Vertebrate Map

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tesla Supercharger Network in the USA

In the U.S., there are over 1,200 Supercharger stations, though the number of stalls at each station varies widely. Larger stations – in areas where EVs are more popular – may have over 50 stalls. In other areas, stations may only have a few stalls

i believe the average number of stalls is 9 Tesla Supercharger which would
give a total of over 10,800 SC stalls
Infrastructure Urban design Architecture Line Road surface

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had a reservation back in i think 2019 but cancelled as it was suppose to come out in 2021 and I thought my lease ended in 2020 but didnt end until now. But they also extended the car from a 2022 model to a 2023 and that was too long for me to not have a car so cancelled reservation and haven't redone the reservation yet as I do not want to waste $25 lol. Did that once already now going to wait and see how things look and hopefully they open a experience center close to me. I am @S7davis my home computer is logged on a different user lol.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@lukazojr @S7davis
hmmm…dual personality!
Feast your eyes on this Tesla SC station…
better up the $250 to reserve your spot

Mobile phone Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Product Telephony

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haven't redone the reservation yet as I do not want to waste $25 lol.
it’s only “wasted” if you don’t follow through with your own
bona-ride Fisker Ocean order!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are three basic fast charging systems in North America today — CHAdeMO, CCS, and Tesla.
They each have their own plug. CHAdeMO is nearly obsolete.

Tesla owners can now buy an adapter that lets them use a fast charger equipped with a CCS plug.

Tesla is seriously considering opening its Supercharger network to all EV drivers, but non-Tesla owners will need and adapter of their own to use it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
In order for tesla to get funding from government he will need to put CCS adaptors on all his stations. He already mentioned he is going to start doing that and all new charging stations he builds will have a CCS adapter. So sometime in the future super chargers will be available for all EVs.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
951 Posts
There are three basic fast charging systems in North America today — CHAdeMO, CCS, and Tesla.
They each have their own plug. CHAdeMO is nearly obsolete.

Tesla owners can now buy an adapter that lets them use a fast charger equipped with a CCS plug.

Tesla is seriously considering opening its Supercharger network to all EV drivers, but non-Tesla owners will need and adapter of their own to use it.

The CCS adapter for Tesla is still not available yet in the US.

Most Tesla Supercharger sites have 8-12 stations. I think the smallest I ever saw was six. The larger ones over 20 are on the west coast.

Regarding CCS at Superchargers, instead of adapters for CCS vehicles, Tesla will most likely update the stations with two handles like they do in Europe:
Bicycle tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@MTN Ranger
Regarding CCS at Superchargers, instead of adapters for CCS vehicles, Tesla will most likely update the stations with two handles like they do in Europe
Fantastic news! I didn’t know about the TWO charger handles
no need to buy a CCS adapter for the Fisker Ocean or other ev’s

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
951 Posts
@MTN Ranger

Fantastic news! I didn’t know about the TWO charger handles
no need to buy a CCS adapter for the Fisker Ocean or other ev’s
It's not confirmed that they are doing this for the US. I'm just stating that's how it's done in Europe. It would be a good solution.

Reactions: Blu Angel

·
Registered
38 Posts
@MTN Ranger it has been confirmed now by Musk but reported by electrek that he will be moving forward with allowing all EVs to use his charging network. This was during a meeting with Biden adminstration yesterday or Monday to get some extra funding for building charging infrastructure. Biden adminstration pointed out that only ones that will get the funding will be ones that build for all EVs to use not just a single company. So Musk will be adding the CCS adapter to the Super Charging stations and any new ones built will have them as well.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Good morning all these articles on the CCS add on to super charging stations starting to make me wonder if Musk is planning on changing his cars charging cable to CCS here in the states now or will he still keep his own proprietary cable. I would think he would start using the CCS but who knows maybe his cable is more suited for his cars.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
951 Posts
In Europe the Tesla's are all CCS, yes? Wasn't that mandated by the EU that all cars must be on the same plug?
Yes, it was mandated by the EU. Frankly at some point, Tesla will convert all North American vehicles to CCS1. I'm not sure then that will happen. Most likely when the CCS1 adapter is a mass production - a few are being sold now in South Korea. With the combination of CCS1 adapters and Superchargers with CCS plugs, that will probably gives us a timeline. Converting the 11,000+ supercharger stations over will take some time.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
951 Posts
@MTN Ranger it has been confirmed now by Musk but reported by electrek that he will be moving forward with allowing all EVs to use his charging network. This was during a meeting with Biden adminstration yesterday or Monday to get some extra funding for building charging infrastructure. Biden adminstration pointed out that only ones that will get the funding will be ones that build for all EVs to use not just a single company. So Musk will be adding the CCS adapter to the Super Charging stations and any new ones built will have them as well.

My comment on "confirmed" was the specific implementation has not been confirmed yet. Whether that means Superchargers will be modified with another plug, adapters from CCS1 to Tesla, or some other method. The European move to cover all EVs was easy since they are all using CCS2 already. Tesla just made the phone app available to all EV owners and use that for payment.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Reactions: MTN Ranger
1 - 20 of 55 Posts