Fisker Ocean Forum banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts
I took my 17 year old Volvo in to have a key fob programmed, they gave me a loaner of a brand spanking new S60.
Maybe Volvo is desperate for a sale?
Trade-up for a new-fangled BEV Volvo!
On a side note, I'm still enamoured with our '08 Volvo C30....gonna sell once Ocean arrives!

I reserved in June (may be July) . Never had and offer.
The only Oceanforum member I know that was offered an Ocean ONE from
the cancellation list is @GreatGuy. He closed the deal on APRIL 6, 2023
Paid $5,000 deposit. Asked me to finalize the order (Big Sur Blue, Maliblu), while we were on the phone, they said not much time to think, they are to start production as soon as possible. Promissed I should get the car before Sept 30. Curious how much time is needed to make 5K cars, about 1K per month or so?

I reserved in June (may be July) . Never had and offer.
Bummer. Did you ask to be put on the wait list for the One? Might still end up getting asked if you want to move up, since apparently there are a lot of people canceling.

apparently there are a lot of people canceling.
Not so fast @Dark-Fx
If memory serves me correctly, the Ocean ONE wait list was 5,000 hopefuls deep!
In hindsight, the original ONE Reservation Holders ARE getting the best version
(In light of all the available standard equipment inc. BSB paint ($4500)and 22" wheels ($3500)also inclaided!

Bummer. Did you ask to be put on the wait list for the One? Might still end up getting asked if you want to move up, since apparently there are a lot of people canceling.
We don’t know how people can be canceling with $5250 of non-refundable deposit. It’s one thing to walk away from $250, it’s another to walk away from $5,250. HF was a genius to charge $5,000 to get a One.

People may be canceling the Extreme, but it’s tough with the One.

Discussion starter · #48 ·
What’s your model year? My 2021 has none of the problems you described. The rain-sensing windshield wipers were terrible in the beginning but they were fixed with a software update and are very good now.

As for a loaner, will Fisker give you a loaner? I also own an ID.4, and I spent 11 hours in the VW dealership’s waiting room over the course of three visits for them to do alignment on my ID.4, which they weren’t able to do. They didn’t have any loaners either. I know Lexus, BMW, Porsche, etc. give people loaners, but VW doesn’t, and neither does Tesla. The Model Y is NOT a luxury vehicle, and non-luxury brands normally don’t provide loaners.
It's a 2021. You're highlighting my point. There is no consistent quality control and it's absurdly hit or miss which is NOT how it's suppose to be.

I’ll see your Rogue and raise you a Tiguan ;) And I’ve never sat and waited at the VW dealer so I don’t know if they have snacks - they do have a coffee machine. My old Subaru dealer used to have donuts…
My VW stealership had fresh Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookies- but i stopped going because once they eliminated saturday shop hours (Covid- bull shizit), it would literally take 4-6 weeks to schedule an oil change and they kept zero slots open for emergency repairs. I called them once b/c my check engine light popped on and when i ran a code check at an auto parts store, it pointed to a fuel injector/intake manifold failure. Having road trips scheduled later in the week for work, i tried to get them just to take a quick look to confirm to see if i needed to rent a car. They wouldnt even take a peek. After buying 2 cars at this dealership, 6 years of synthetic oil changes every 5k and any repairs for my car or wifes’ car, I told them to go eff themselves for their lack of “loyalty” to a loyal customer.
Found an indy garage that specializes in VW/Audi/Merc/BMW that charges 25% less per hour and always finds time for us. And yes, a free loaner if needed plus he keeps nutrigrain bars and vitamin water in fridge for customers.😁

Reactions: Zaphod
Maybe Volvo is desperate for a sale?
Trade-up for a new-fangled BEV Volvo!
On a side note, I'm still enamoured with our '08 Volvo C30....gonna sell once Ocean arrives!
Or you could go with this...

My VW stealership had fresh Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookies- but i stopped going because once they eliminated saturday shop hours (Covid- bull shizit), it would literally take 4-6 weeks to schedule an oil change and they kept zero slots open for emergency repairs. I called them once b/c my check engine light popped on and when i ran a code check at an auto parts store, it pointed to a fuel injector/intake manifold failure. Having road trips scheduled later in the week for work, i tried to get them just to take a quick look to confirm to see if i needed to rent a car. They wouldnt even take a peek. After buying 2 cars at this dealership, 6 years of synthetic oil changes every 5k and any repairs for my car or wifes’ car, I told them to go eff themselves for their lack of “loyalty” to a loyal customer.
Found an indy garage that specializes in VW/Audi/Merc/BMW that charges 25% less per hour and always finds time for us. And yes, a free loaner if needed plus he keeps nutrigrain bars and vitamin water in fridge for customers.😁
When I drop my ID.4 off for the software update, I’ll look for cookies… and fortunately they’ve always been great at last minute appointments and so forth … the biggest problem with the dealership model is the variability between dealers that the manufacturers cannot easily fix. (It’s really hard to kick a dealer out of their contract, I’d imagine.)

@TT97
Canadians DEFINITELY get the short end of the stick!

Let's compare the US & Canada Volvo C40 Recharge 36 month Lease + ZERO down

US Lease: $451/ month
Ontario, Canada Lease: $1?124/ month
Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

• Haha
Reactions: JDOcean and 371
Look at the prices of the ID.4 in Canada and the US. The Canadian prices converted to US dollars are significantly lower than US prices - last time I checked. In fact, they were so much lower that it even made sense to import an ID.4 from Canada to the US, pay the custom duty, buy an airline ticket, and take a few days off work to drive it back to the US. I would still be saving thousands of dollars.

Look at the prices of the ID.4 in Canada and the US. The Canadian prices converted to US dollars are significantly lower than US prices - last time I checked. In fact, they were so much lower that it even made sense to import an ID.4 from Canada to the US, pay the custom duty, buy an airline ticket, and take a few days off work to drive it back to the US. I would still be saving thousands of dollars.
You’d have to take off a week if you lived well south of the border with that range and charging time😂

• Haha
Reactions: Bernie
You’d have to take off a week if you lived well south of the border with that range and charging time😂
The ID.4 is a great road trip car… easily goes 150 miles between charging stops charging 20-80% and recharges at 170-180kW, slowly dropping over a very flat charge curve to around 100kW at 80%. Plus, the Canadian model has a heat pump, which would be great if you weren’t prohibited from importing foreign cars under 25 years old…

The ID.4 is a great road trip car… easily goes 150 miles between charging stops charging 20-80% and recharges at 170-180kW, slowly dropping over a very flat charge curve to around 100kW at 80%. Plus, the Canadian model has a heat pump, which would be great if you weren’t prohibited from importing foreign cars under 25 years old…

There is no such rule; I’ve researched it.

The ID.4 drops to 50 kW at 80% SOC.

There is no such rule; I’ve researched it.

The ID.4 drops to 50 kW at 80% SOC.
The older ones do… the 2023 cars have newer software and batteries. If you can do it legally and get it registered let me know! I may do it too 😆

PS: Googled it … the 25 year rule exempts you from FMVSS (safety) standards, so you’d need to prove that a newer car meets US safety standards. Not sure how you do that…

41 - 60 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.