Fisker Ocean Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is how Fisker will become the fastest growing EV company in history!

Reactions: Revilo and SeaPhil4

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't like the way Sean is phrasing this. And I wish people would stop comparing Fisker to Tesla just because they are both EV companies. They are going about the process in a completely different way and should be valued differently. I like the information Sean has provided in the past, but he has been fairly candid about having a substantial investment in FSR, and I think there is often a little too much bias in what he has been putting out lately. Bias beyond the general enthusiasm for the company/vehicle the rest of us have.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I don't like the way Sean is phrasing this. And I wish people would stop comparing Fisker to Tesla just because they are both EV companies. They are going about the process in a completely different way and should be valued differently. I like the information Sean has provided in the past, but he has been fairly candid about having a substantial investment in FSR, and I think there is often a little too much bias in what he has been putting out lately. Bias beyond the general enthusiasm for the company/vehicle the rest of us have.
There is nothing wrong with pumping this stock just about now. People are wondering where to invest next. Recession is coming. Fisker is heavily shorted. Pumping this stock now may do a lot of good to both the stockholders and the company itself, as it will inevitably need capital to expand. Relying on one manufacturer in the "asset-light" paradigm is a recipe for disaster. Fisker needs to make similar agreements with half a dozen "white-label" car manufacturers around the world (including China), in order to hedge its bets. Otherwise, Fisker may one day go bust again like they did last time around when their only battery partner went bankrupt. This company has a huge potential, but the "asset-light" paradigm, while having its clear advantages, also has its catastrophically deadly disadvantages in that the "white-label" partner may evaporate overnight or may break the contract even at a risk of paying hefty fines. In such a scenario, the stock will suffer tremendously. There need to be multiple levels of redundancies baked in, similarly to what Apple does. Obviously, Apple has been very successful in this paradigm, so the future for Fisker may be extremely bright, but they do need more capital, and pumping the stock would help them raise it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
There is nothing wrong with pumping this stock just about now. People are wondering where to invest next. Recession is coming. Fisker is heavily shorted. Pumping this stock now may do a lot of good to both the stockholders and the company itself, as it will inevitably need capital to expand. Relying on one manufacturer in the "asset-light" paradigm is a recipe for disaster. Fisker needs to make similar agreements with half a dozen "white-label" car manufacturers around the world (including China), in order to hedge its bets. Otherwise, Fisker may one day go bust again like they did last time around when their only battery partner went bankrupt. This company has a huge potential, but the "asset-light" paradigm, while having its clear advantages, also has its catastrophically deadly disadvantages in that the "white-label" partner may evaporate overnight or may break the contract even at a risk of paying hefty fines. In such a scenario, the stock will suffer tremendously. There need to be multiple levels of redundancies baked in, similarly to what Apple does. Obviously, Apple has been very successful in this paradigm, so the future for Fisker may be extremely bright, but they do need more capital, and pumping the stock would help them raise it.
Similarly, I don't like comparing FSR to AAPL either just because Fisker likes to use that analogy. AAPL is a cash generating behemoth because it owns the IP it is getting manufactured and charges through the nose for others to use it. The amount it makes of even small patents for the lighting adapter for example is ridiculous. Also, pretty sure only way FSR is getting more cash is through an equity raise which would likely dilute the shares further. Either that or through increasing its debt. Agree with you that diversification would help them in the long run, but I would also be OK trying to convince Magna to take a deeper stake in FSR so that the two were more of a joint venture than a minority investment.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Similarly, I don't like comparing FSR to AAPL either just because Fisker likes to use that analogy. AAPL is a cash generating behemoth because it owns the IP it is getting manufactured and charges through the nose for others to use it. The amount it makes of even small patents for the lighting adapter for example is ridiculous. Also, pretty sure only way FSR is getting more cash is through an equity raise which would likely dilute the shares further. Either that or through increasing its debt. Agree with you that diversification would help them in the long run, but I would also be OK trying to convince Magna to take a deeper stake in FSR so that the two were more of a joint venture than a minority investment.
I was comparing Fisker to Apple only because of the contract manufacturing paradigm. It's an imperfect comparison for sure, as Apple mostly (but not completely) designs the hardware, while Fisker right now only designs the wrapper, and the hardware is designed by Magna. Nothing prevents Fisker from delving into the hardware design, though, or using some third-party off-the-shelf electric drivetrains or entire electric platforms that would allow them to choose multiple manufacturers rather than relying solely on Magna. So, they do need capital. Raising capital doesn't necessarily mean diluting the shares. They can borrow against the valuation, but right now the company is valued low, so borrowing against this valuation is not easy.

·
Registered
248 Posts
They can borrow against the valuation, but right now the company is valued low, so borrowing against this valuation is not easy.
Got you, I think we're on the same page now. Exactly, convertible debt might be an option but an expensive one if the shares are expected to grow significantly.

·
Super Moderator
1,177 Posts
eh...produce a car first.....
Right on cue! I see nothing's changed. Does it hurt you that Fisker is growing faster than the other fanboy brand that you love so much?

I'll believe it if they can actually meet the promise for the ocean one deliveries.
No evidence at this point that they won't meet or fulfill what they've promised.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Right on cue! I see nothing's changed. Does it hurt you that Fisker is growing faster than the other fanboy brand that you love so much?

No evidence at this point that they won't meet or fulfill what they've promised.
Agreed. Totally… They have met every milestone that they published and there’s no reason at this point to think otherwise. Cheers to having a new fastest growing EV company out there. It’s bound to happen. Might as well be now; with Fisker. 😎

Reactions: Blu Angel

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How would you have phrased this? While I have an investment in Fisker, I never create any articles or videos with the intention of pumping a stock. This was just making light of a very interesting point Henrik said himself which I quoted in the article. This video actually supplements the article on the Fiskerati site which has the direct quote from Fisker in written text. I also linked to the article on the site in the video description. Please let me know how you would have written the headline or what should be re-phrased. Thanks!

Reactions: ocsteve39

·
Registered
248 Posts
How would you have phrased this? While I have an investment in Fisker, I never create any articles or videos with the intention of pumping a stock. This was just making light of a very interesting point Henrik said himself which I quoted in the article. This video actually supplements the article on the Fiskerati site which has the direct quote from Fisker in written text. I also linked to the article on the site in the video description. Please let me know how you would have written the headline or what should be re-phrased. Thanks!
Hi Sean,

I have never accused you of trying to 'pump' a stock with your articles. Just that I think there is an amount of bias in it which in my opinion stems in part from your investment in the company. Truthfully, I have thought it would be great to see a little more skepticism or perhaps a tapered enthusiasm in your content. Its not a bad thing per se, I just prefer to look at things with a bit more critical of an eye. I hope you don't take this as an attack, it is not meant to be. I enjoy the content you put out and I have utilized a lot of the information you and others have gathered over the past months and hope you continue to do so. My comment was meant to be more of a constructive criticism.

To answer your question, like I mentioned above it is difficult to compare Fisker to Tesla due to their different approaches. Of course other EV companies are going to have a slower growth curve in terms of vehicles produced. Most others are building there own manufacturing facilities which takes an epic amount of time and resources to build from ground up. Fisker is outsourcing it which gives them an advantage in terms of vehicles they are able to produce. But there are also many benefits to having independent manufacturing facilities. Pros/cons to each approach. But to compare them off of one statistic is only part of the picture.

PS if you would prefer to discuss separately feel free to message me within the forum. I am always up for a spirited debate!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@EVolution All good! Didn't take your message as an attack. Thanks for the feedback. Just trying to highlight Henrik's words where he specifically mentioned Tesla and the twenty something thousand deliveries. Before writing the article, or recording the video, I didn't even know how many deliveries Tesla had in its first full-year of production. It was fun to check out as a Tesla owner. Feel free to reach out any time! :)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.