Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Painted brake calipers. Looks premium without too much “look at me”. First thing I did when we got our Black Label Nautilus - powder coat the wheels in black and brake calipers in red. Looks awesome!

A lot of manufacturers do offer or did offer. They change it up. First It’s a stand alone then the next year it’s only included in a 🤬 package. Regardless it makes any car (okay not a Prius) look better and it’s an easy big profit for the company. Jag was $500. Porsche goes for the package or gives you the option of impressing all your German car suck-ups with Surface Coated Brakes for a stuffy yet measly $3500 o_O.

All in all you can do it yourself (using high temp paint) or pay a local guy who does that maybe $200 to $400 (we paid $200). But coming perfect with the car is pretty nice….:love:. Me? Yeah if they suddenly offer that (hopefully) I’d suck it up and shell out some cash for sure.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Here‘s those stuffy Porsche ones… c’mon…red looks so much better….

· Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
1,031 Posts
The Ocean (at least the One) appears to have light blue painted calipers (almost like an Ocean color). You can see them peak out from various pictures and in the configurator.

http://instagr.am/p/ChT8BQWLBjE/
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

· Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Ocean (at least the One) appears to have light blue painted calipers (almost like an Ocean color). You can see them peak out from various pictures and in the configurator.

http://instagr.am/p/ChT8BQWLBjE/
View attachment 1354 View attachment 1355
Wow, did they add that recently? I swear I would have noticed that! Well that car is pretty small in the current micro configurator, so maybe I missed it. Hope it’s true. I’ll take blue for sure, but would rather have red. I can only hope that we get that!

· Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
1,031 Posts
Wow, did they add that recently? I swear I would have noticed that! Well that car is pretty small in the current micro configurator, so maybe I missed it. Hope it’s true. I’ll take blue for sure, but would rather have red. I can only hope that we get that!
I am not sure when they added it, it was pointed out to me last week but the screen shot I took of my configuration from 7/27 had the blue calipers. The car I saw in Santa Barbara had unpainted calipers.

Reactions: Deafsoundguy

· Registered
642 Posts
I am not sure when they added it, it was pointed out to me last week but the screen shot I took of my configuration from 7/27 had the blue calipers. The car I saw in Santa Barbara had unpainted calipers.
I feel like I have seen the blue calipers for a couple of months at least. And this is one of the small details that helps those trims add up to over 30k$ in upgrades. I am sure there are plenty of those details that we are not fully aware of yet.

· Registered
12 Posts

· Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
818 Posts
It's just my opinion, I think that painted galiper will not fit with the look of the Ocean I will prefer a black or silver.

· Super Moderator
496 Posts
How do you feel about sea grass with Maliblu interior? Terrible or maybe ok? I think probabaly terrible. Definitely wanted @Sportstick to get their way with the tan interior to go with green exterior.
Thaks for the good wishes and remembering about that tan interior request! It's absence was among the reasons I ordered elsewhere. Yes, that green over blue combination would look terrible, like a mis-build, just as I feared Orange would have been with a white/blue stripe seat. The Ocean clearly favors those who prefer dark interiors, black or blue (or don't mind risking a quickly soiled white), as you can coordinate black with any exterior color, especially given the black exterior trim. If you want Sea Grass or other earth tone and don't live in a hot climate area and can aesthetically accept black, that is your best interior choice among those offered unless you choose a blue exterior. Then, of course, Maliblu.

To the topic of this thread, I agree about painted calipers, in the body-color matching variety. I had this done to the MSport blue OEM production calipers by the delivering dealer before I picked up this now 8 year old car. Yes, I had the dedicated space in the garage treated similarly, although an exact color match was not possible.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

· Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's just my opinion, I think that painted galiper will not fit with the look of the Ocean I will prefer a black or silver.
Completely understand that some people will not like painted calipers or certain caliper colors with certain paint jobs. My first thought was red calipers will clash with Blue Planet, but after reviewing a few cars that are blue, I’m all for it.

On the Macan forums, they had a poll about red (calipers) and blue cars, and it ended up about 70% liked it 30% hated it. Oh well, to each their own. If the Ocean comes with them blue stock, I’m certainly not changing them.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Curious , any red/blue haters?

· Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 63,000+
1,393 Posts
@Deafsoundguy
Painted brake calipers. Looks premium without too much “look at me”.
Oh YES! I can see it now....

On-Line Fisker Ocean Configurator
Exterior Bling Options:
Painted Brake Calipers $250
(in any Ocean Exterior Colour)

I'm personally partial to Red Calipers on any colour Wheel

Attachments

• Love

· Registered
477 Posts
If anyone thinks calipers are a bit much, some at another brand go full "Superman" for interior/exterior!

View attachment 1421
I think you can get Acuras in the superman colorway too. It's a bit much for me but I get it. I do like a red interior on any gray-scale exterior from black to white.

I agree though, I think it will have to be Abyss for me with the green. Just have to figure out if it's fabric or PU. The leatherette in the current cars looks good. Looking forward to hearing how it feels.

· Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
1,451 Posts
Did someone say Superman?

• Wow
1 - 20 of 24 Posts