Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fisker may be taking longer than planned to sell out of the One, but it won't be a big deal in the end. I bet many people are on the fence about the One, as I was. Although I got the One, I hesitated due to the stock market tanking.

My guess: Fisker was anticipating about 20% conversion to ONE based on surveys, and they will end up with about 10%, much of which is attributed to the market downturn, missing details, and non-refundable part of the deposit.

Points to consider:
  1. Fisker needs to sell out of the Ocean One, but not before a certain reservation number. As long as they sell out within the next month or so, thats all that matters.
  2. When they do get to 5,000, it will be a big news event which will pump the stock AND reservation numbers. Many casual observers think Fisker will go bankrupt again before even making a single car, or that its just "vaporware". This will be a huge wakeup call to them (Or maybe these 5,000 people are just insane 馃槅).
  3. Henrik has stated in multiple interviews that he doesn't want too much attention now, since new reservations will have to wait at least 1 year. (It also brings out the vaporware, bankruptcy people in the comment sections). Since Fisker is basically sold out for a year, it could actually be detrimental to bring in more reservations, if those reservations don't convert to sales.
  4. The reservation ramp rate has also accelerated over the last 6 months. There is no need to spend marketing dollars when you're sold out.
Everyone calm down. Thanks :)

Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
@Misanoblue
The reservation ramp rate has also accelerated over the last 6 months.
There is no need to spend marketing dollars when you're sold out.
I agree with everything you've said.
IMHO, the next order of business is to divulge more important information
about the Fisker Ocean:

#1) Battery Size
#2) Fisker Experience Centre Opening Dates
( L.A, NYC & Miami + Hamburg, London & Copenhagen )
#3) Optional Equipment Packages and costs
#4) Public Exposure of Fisker Ocean (much needed)

Reactions: idrive and KMBrown

Registered
I believe they start real testing and getting harder specs out in August.
In mid-October the true build page opens
Has the On-Line Configurator Launch Date been announced?

Registered
Polestar 2
Hamburg?! You do mean Munich, don't you? Otherwise I'd like to kindly ask for a source please!
;) From the perspective of many geographically clueless Americans, Hamburg, Munich, Berlin and, of course, Graz are very close to Ukraine and are about to be reduced to rubble by Russia anyway. ;)

Registered
Hamburg?! You do mean Munich, don't you? Otherwise I'd like to kindly ask for a source please!
My error.
MUNICH will have the Experience Centre in Marienplatz in central Munich

• Sad
Reactions: radioactiveman

Registered
;) From the perspective of many geographically clueless Americans, Hamburg, Munich, Berlin and, of course, Graz are very close to Ukraine and are about to be reduced to rubble by Russia anyway. ;)
Do you include yourself in the category of geographically clueless Germans, since you have called a Canadian an American?

Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
That's just silly, all Americans know those cities are in the Ukraine (except for Hamburg, which is obviously an American food).

Registered
That's just silly, all Americans know those cities are in the Ukraine (except for Hamburg, which is obviously an American food).
These cities are in Russia, including Hamburg. The fact that McDonald鈥檚 left Russia doesn鈥檛 take away from the fact that hamburger was invented in Moscow by Peter the Great. After he invented the hamburger, he founded the city of Hamburg and named it after his invention. Then, he thought so highly of himself that he founded another city and named it St. Petersburg. That was when he discovered North America after landing in Florida.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My idea: if we get through all 51,000 + reservations without 5,000 One Orders, all Henrik has to do is release a few more teasers on details, and throw in something like a year or 2 of DC fast charging, an extra year of warranty, or signed Ocean model car, and poof, problem solved.

Henrik, are you reading this?

Super Moderator
My idea: if we get through all 51,000 + reservations without 5,000 One Orders, all Henrik has to do is release a few more teasers on details, and throw in something like a year or 2 of DC fast charging, an extra year of warranty, or signed Ocean model car, and poof, problem solved.

Lord I hope they get through the 5,000. I just bought more stock. :ROFLMAO:

Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD

My thought is that if they are short of the 5,000; they can offer to employees at less than $5k deposit and have them sign NDAs.

Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR

As per Clean Fleet Report,
鈥. Fisker has also partnered with Electrify America to include a yet-to-be announced amount of complimentary charging.鈥 You鈥檙e welcome 馃槆

1 - 20 of 38 Posts