Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Tesla Model Y
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at the Fisker trim levels and I see a couple things that I hope Fisker changes their minds on. I'm a current Tesla Model Y owner so that's what I'll be comparing it to. I'm basing my observations off of the official Fisker comparison chart. For transparency, I have two Oceans reserved.

1. I hope the Ultra gets some of the improved safety and convenience systems. For instance, adaptive cruise control is something that comes standard on all Tesla's as part of their AutoPilot system. Front and Side collision warning also come standard. At least allow it to be optioned. These type of safety and convenience systems are becoming standard on cars today.

2. I hope Fisker allows customers to option Hollywood mode. I love watching shows on the screen when I'm charging or when I'm just waiting around in the car. I also love being able to take advantage of all the games on a screen that's in Hollywood mode. Gaming in HMI falls under the same category. You can't really watch anything or game if the screen is always vertical in the Ultra.

3. Fisker Hypersound - Allow customers to option this. The Tesla Model Y has one of the BEST sound systems in any car I have ever owned, and I have experienced many high-end luxury vehicles.

What are some changes that you would like to see? Do you agree with me? Disagree with me? Soundoff below.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
155 Posts
I've been looking at the Fisker trim levels and I see a couple things that I hope Fisker changes their minds on. I'm a current Tesla Model Y owner so that's what I'll be comparing it to. I'm basing my observations off of the official Fisker comparison chart. For transparency, I have two Oceans reserved.

1. I hope the Ultra gets some of the improved safety and convenience systems. For instance, adaptive cruise control is something that comes standard on all Tesla's as part of their AutoPilot system. Front and Side collision warning also come standard. At least allow it to be optioned. These type of safety and convenience systems are becoming standard on cars today.

2. I hope Fisker allows customers to option Hollywood mode. I love watching shows on the screen when I'm charging or when I'm just waiting around in the car. I also love being able to take advantage of all the games on a screen that's in Hollywood mode. Gaming in HMI falls under the same category. You can't really watch anything or game if the screen is always vertical in the Ultra.

3. Fisker Hypersound - Allow customers to option this. The Tesla Model Y has one of the BEST sound systems in any car I have ever owned, and I have experienced many high-end luxury vehicles.

What are some changes that you would like to see? Do you agree with me? Disagree with me? Soundoff below.
I agree with you and also hope that Fisker comes up with a way to, at least, option for these things. It's hard for me to rationalize spending $50k...or more...on a vehicle that doesn't have features like these as pretty much "standard" features on todays autos in this price range? I would also like items such as cell phone charging and Sirius/XM radio availability as standard/ordinary/included on the Ultra model. I'm sorry, but I'm just not going to spend an extra $19k on an Extreme to get more features that should arguably come on an Ultra as standard comparable features of vehicles at, or below, this price range.

·
Registered
122 Posts
We each have our priorities...I intend an Ultra as our "family car".

Things of zero importance or value to me: Hollywood mode, California mode, Adaptive Cruise Control (tried it elsewhere and disliked it intensely), Smart Traction (don't need a "race car" feel on the way to Costco), Doggie windows (mine rides in a pet restraint).

Dealbreakers I don't yet know but am concerned about: Radio is compatible with SiriusXM for my transferable lifetime subscription, a non-black interior color that works with orange exterior, seeing cargo space in person to ensure 4 people plus luggage or a bicycle with seats folded.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
341 Posts

1. The Ocean already has many safety features on all trim levels: auto emergency braking (premium version on ultra and extreme), multi-collision braking, blind spot monitoring (Tesla's is awful), front and side collision warning, lane keep assist, emergency lane departure avoidance, traffic sign/light recognition, rear seat child presence detector/reminder, etc.

After owning a Tesla for almost four years, a lot of the features are janky and buggy and don't work all the time. I'm getting tired of so many issues with the car.

The Extreme Trim of the Ocean is the same price as the Model Y. But I think the Ocean has many more features included.

Regarding 2 and 3, the big price difference between Ultra and Extreme has be made up by offering unique features on that trim level. Unfortunately, I don't think they will be available on cheaper versions.

·
Registered
77 Posts
For the near term I wouldn’t expect a lot of individual optional features. Fisker has already announced a winter package (smart move) and smart traction. I could see them maybe adding one more ‘Tech‘ package that might include some of the options above but I wouldn’t hold my breath. They need to stay streamlined and extra options just adds complexity, time and money to the ordering and manufacturing processes. Let them get production up and running smoothly and then maybe they’ll add additional options in a year or two.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
341 Posts
For the near term I wouldn’t expect a lot of individual optional features. Fisker has already announced a winter package (smart move) and smart traction. I could see them maybe adding one more ‘Tech‘ package that might include some of the options above but I wouldn’t hold my breath. They need to stay streamlined and extra options just adds complexity, time and money to the ordering and manufacturing processes. Let them get production up and running smoothly and then maybe they’ll add additional options in a year or two.
Exactly. Look at Tesla, the only physical options are paint color (5!), wheels, and battery pack size on one model (3). Simplicity of choices will make the production process easier and more profitable.

·
Super Moderator
Tesla Model Y
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. The Ocean already has many safety features on all trim levels: auto emergency braking (premium version on ultra and extreme), multi-collision braking, blind spot monitoring (Tesla's is awful), front and side collision warning, lane keep assist, emergency lane departure avoidance, traffic sign/light recognition, rear seat child presence detector/reminder, etc.

After owning a Tesla for almost four years, a lot of the features are janky and buggy and don't work all the time. I'm getting tired of so many issues with the car.

The Extreme Trim of the Ocean is the same price as the Model Y. But I think the Ocean has many more features included.

Regarding 2 and 3, the big price difference between Ultra and Extreme has be made up by offering unique features on that trim level. Unfortunately, I don't think they will be available on cheaper versions.
I didn't see that as part of the differences in the comparison chart but that's a relief. I understand that some features need to be reserved for the higher ends models but that creates a difference in experience. I'll most likely end up getting an Extreme and an Ultra but I think it would be beneficial for Fisker to give customers all the same experience in their cars. One of many things that Tesla has done right is to give everyone the ability to watch shows in their car or play games no matter what. I agree that their safety features are hit or miss.

I hope the Ocean gets frequent OTA as well. I've had my Model Y since Dec. 2020 and I've gotten something like 12 updates since then improving the cars heating functionality. The auto wipers and auto high-beams are abysmal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read in an earlier announcement that Fisker is planning on creating more revenue by doing OTA updates to add features. They are going to put all the hardware in the base Ultra model (not sure about Sport), and then allow users to purchase feature upgrades when they want them, and have it activated with an OTA update.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
722 Posts
@HotIce
Yes, Fisker will add options to various models
what we know for certain:

1) Winter Mode Package (my guesstimate $4800 US or $6000 Cdn)

Probable Option Package
2) ADAS (Adaptive Driver Assistance System)
3) Fisker Hyper Sound System
Fisker Inc took a survey to current Reservation Holders back in 2021)
4) Exterior Paint Colour

Reactions: HotIce

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
722 Posts
btw, my Winter Mode guesstimate

1) Heated Front & Rear Seats (5)
2)Heated Steering Wheel
3) Heated Outside Mirrors
4) Heated Washer Nozzles
5) Front Wipers operable in Freezing Temperatures
6) Remote Climate Control (Cabin Temperature & Defrost)

·
Super Moderator
Tesla Model Y
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@HotIce
Yes, Fisker will add option to various models
what we know for certain:

1) Winter Mode Package (my guesstimate $4800 US or $6000 Cdn)

Probable Option Package
2) ADAS (Adaptive Driver Assistance System)
3) Fisker Hyper Sound System
Fisker Inc took a survey to current Reservation Holders back in 2021)
4) exterior Paint Colour
The fact that Fisker is polling its clients tells me they're serious about the Ocean and that only makes me even more excited.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts