Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had my Model Y for about one and a years now and I have a couple things that I hope Fisker gets right compared to my Model Y. I have owned a lot of luxury cars and this was my first electric car. Not bad all in all but it needs some improvements. I'll have a full review of my Model Y up soon. These are just some of the things that I think Fisker has to nail.

1. The ride - The ride on my Model Y isn't horrible but it can get a bit choppy on the 20" Induction wheels. I really hope that Fisker has spent time on actually tuning the suspension since it won't come with air suspension. I also hope they spend time tuning the dampening and the body control. With the Model Y, the body leans into turns and when the ride gets choppy, you're getting thrown around.

2. Interior Quality - The interior quality of the Model Y is good, but it needs a bit of improvement. For example, while the seats are probably the most comfortable, I have ever sat in, when you're exiting or when you lean on the side of the seat at a drive-thru or an ATM, there is this really hard part and it's not comfortable. My seat also creaks sometimes. Tesla moving to the 4680 cells and bolting the seats directly to the batteries should add more rigidity and maybe fix this.

3. Quality Control - My Model Y had very few issues when I picked it up. A couple panel gaps here and there. The biggest issue was a misaligned rear trunk and taillight and a misaligned driver door. What I didn't know was I had a leaking rear window. Every time it rained, or I washed my car, I'd have massive puddles of water in my trunk. Getting cars out to customers is important but so is having the car be in perfect shape. At the price point, there are so many options that give you a more premium experience. It's been a year and a half since I got my Model Y and Tesla is still having problems with panel gaps and misaligned doors and hatches. It's inexcusable.

4. Service - My local service center has been pretty good. The issue is you don't get any kind of loaner vehicle. I am someone that needs a car when my car is in for service. I drive A LOT for work and for just getting things done. $50 of Uber credits is not something that works for me. If loaners are limited, how about putting more loaners in the fleet? I have heard of so many people that love their Tesla but won't be getting another one because of the poor service experience. This is going to make or break Fisker. Us early adopters are going to face a lot of bugs and issues.

5. Cost cutting - Over the past few years, Tesla has been cutting their costs but raising the price of the car. They have also improved the car in many different regards like adding double pane windows but they're also removing speakers and other features.

6. The wipers - They suck. I like the idea behind them. Having the washer nozzles integrated into the wipers is not new. I don't know why the wipers suck so bad and streak at the top of the stroke.

7. The Auto Wipers - They are absolutely abysmal. They have improved over the years with software updates but they're still not perfect. They're either not wiping at all or wiping really really fast. Again, tech that has been in the automotive industry for decades that Tesla somehow messed up. Having a rain/light sensor solves this problem. What boggles my mind is, they literally have a condensation sensor but refuse to put in a light sensor.

8. Auto high beams - They are unusable. They're constantly flicking up and down up and down and it's super annoying. You'd think Tesla which prides itself in being a tech company would program some kind of logic into the auto high beams that isn't just "See headlights or taillights and dip'. Yet another unnecessary change by Tesla that didn't need changing. It also dips REALLY late. Like, you've already blinded people by the time the car sees the other car and dips the high beams.

9. Regen braking - Tesla use to give you the option to change regen braking levels and later removed it. Sometimes my regen braking is great and other times it's not and I can't figure out the formula to have it be great all the time.

10. Driver assistance systems. - They are really intrusive. I'll have two car lengths between me and the car in front of me and I'll be driving at like ten miles an hour and the collision warning goes off. It's really annoying. So is the lane keep feature. It's constantly dragging me into the middle of the lane even if I tap my turn signal for three blinks and a quick lane change. AutoPilot is good but it lacks some logic in certain conditions. It slams on the brakes in traffic isn't isn't smooth at all. My Model Y does have radar.

Bonus: Fisker has to be constantly updating their cars. Don' be like Porsche. Tesla and Rivian are doing it right.

·
Registered
Code: DD7VYC
74 Posts
But you know you love your MY. Nothing is perfect, take it from a former Fisker owner, you live with the quirks and enjoy it.

·
Super Moderator
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But you know you love your MY. Nothing is perfect, take it from a former Fisker owner, you live with the quirks and enjoy it.
I absolutely do love the Model Y. I just don’t love Tesla service. Wipers for the Y are impossible to find unless you go through Tesla. I am not expecting Fisker to deliver a perfect product but I expect them to deliver a solid product.

I really need to drive one with the 22’s cause the 20” Inductions on my Model Y are rough and the suspension does not provide any significant dampening or body control.

·
Registered
Code: DD7VYC
74 Posts
I absolutely do love the Model Y. I just don’t love Tesla service. Wipers for the Y are impossible to find unless you go through Tesla. I am not expecting Fisker to deliver a perfect product but I expect them to deliver a solid product.

I really need to drive one with the 22’s cause the 20” Inductions on my Model Y are rough and the suspension does not provide any significant dampening or body control.
The MY has a suspension, lol. I know what you mean I have driven the M3 and MY a lot and I prefer the M3 but both lack the smart air suspension offered in MS & MX. You have to go after market and upgrade, might be worth it.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts

These should work on the Model Y. I just bought them for my 3. https://amzn.to/38agVx7

Reactions: HotIce

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,162 Posts
@HotIce
i hear your complaints and most are minor that could be corrected by Tesla
as for the suspension, I would suggest going the aftermarket route…..

the coil overs suspension is a huge improvement over the stock Tesla 3
nexr best improvement would be perhaps a foursome of light weight forged wheels!

ive done both and love my Tesla 3!

Automotive tire Auto part Electric blue Audio equipment Machine

Reactions: HotIce

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've had my Model Y for about one and a half months now and I have a couple things that I hope Fisker gets right compared to my Model Y. I have owned a lot of luxury cars and this was my first electric car. Not bad all in all but it needs some improvements. I'll have a full review of my Model Y up soon. These are just some of the things that I think Fisker has to nail.

1. The ride - The ride on my Model Y isn't horrible but it can get a bit choppy on the 20" Induction wheels. I really hope that Fisker has spent time on actually tuning the suspension since it won't come with air suspension. I also hope they spend time tuning the dampening and the body control. With the Model Y, the body leans into turns and when the ride gets choppy, you're getting thrown around.

2. Interior Quality - The interior quality of the Model Y is good, but it needs a bit of improvement. For example, while the seats are probably the most comfortable, I have ever sat in, when you're exiting or when you lean on the side of the seat at a drive-thru or an ATM, there is this really hard part and it's not comfortable. My seat also creaks sometimes. Tesla moving to the 4680 cells and bolting the seats directly to the batteries should add more rigidity and maybe fix this.

3. Quality Control - My Model Y had very few issues when I picked it up. A couple panel gaps here and there. The biggest issue was a misaligned rear trunk and taillight and a misaligned driver door. What I didn't know was I had a leaking rear window. Every time it rained, or I washed my car, I'd have massive puddles of water in my trunk. Getting cars out to customers is important but so is having the car be in perfect shape. At the price point, there are so many options that give you a more premium experience. It's been a year and a half since I got my Model Y and Tesla is still having problems with panel gaps and misaligned doors and hatches. It's inexcusable.

4. Service - My local service center has been pretty good. The issue is you don't get any kind of loaner vehicle. I am someone that needs a car when my car is in for service. I drive A LOT for work and for just getting things done. $50 of Uber credits is not something that works for me. If loaners are limited, how about putting more loaners in the fleet? I have heard of so many people that love their Tesla but won't be getting another one because of the poor service experience. This is going to make or break Fisker. Us early adopters are going to face a lot of bugs and issues.

5. Cost cutting - Over the past few years, Tesla has been cutting their costs but raising the price of the car. They have also improved the car in many different regards like adding double pane windows but they're also removing speakers and other features.

6. The wipers - They suck. I like the idea behind them. Having the washer nozzles integrated into the wipers is not new. I don't know why the wipers suck so bad and streak at the top of the stroke.

7. The Auto Wipers - They are absolutely abysmal. They have improved over the years with software updates but they're still not perfect. They're either not wiping at all or wiping really really fast. Again, tech that has been in the automotive industry for decades that Tesla somehow messed up. Having a rain/light sensor solves this problem. What boggles my mind is, they literally have a condensation sensor but refuse to put in a light sensor.

8. Auto high beams - They are unusable. They're constantly flicking up and down up and down and it's super annoying. You'd think Tesla which prides itself in being a tech company would program some kind of logic into the auto high beams that isn't just "See headlights or taillights and dip'. Yet another unnecessary change by Tesla that didn't need changing. It also dips REALLY late. Like, you've already blinded people by the time the car sees the other car and dips the high beams.

9. Regen braking - Tesla use to give you the option to change regen braking levels and later removed it. Sometimes my regen braking is great and other times it's not and I can't figure out the formula to have it be great all the time.

10. Driver assistance systems. - They are really intrusive. I'll have two car lengths between me and the car in front of me and I'll be driving at like ten miles an hour and the collision warning goes off. It's really annoying. So is the lane keep feature. It's constantly dragging me into the middle of the lane even if I tap my turn signal for three blinks and a quick lane change. AutoPilot is good but it lacks some logic in certain conditions. It slams on the brakes in traffic isn't isn't smooth at all. My Model Y does have radar.

Bonus: Fisker has to be constantly updating their cars. Don' be like Porsche. Tesla and Rivian are doing it right.
I own a Model Y. I’ve also owned luxury vehicles. Model Y is not a luxury vehicle. It’s an overpriced mediocre vehicle, but’s it’s an amazing electric drivetrain computer on wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts