Fisker Ocean Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
352 Posts
Where do the 20-25/45 cf trunk space numbers come from? They don't come from Fisker anywhere I could find. Is it possible these number were based on the original prototype which was smaller (182" vs 188")? The videos show a cargo area that definitely looks much bigger than my XC60 which has a 22.4 cf trunk.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I found this old article from when the Ocean was just 182 inches long and it states "Further, Fisker says there's 25 cubic feet worth of cargo space, once owners take the parcel shelf out of the rear." I also saw the 45cuft in articles from the earlier 182" Ocean.

So I guess you can assume a little more rear cargo space with 6 more inches total length, unless of course all of that was given to passenger space.

I will say, I can't unsee the taper from bottom to top now. The YouTube reviews mentioned it to, that there is a narrowing around the shoulder space in the back seat. The bottom of the ocean is much wider than the top. It's athletic looking but hopefully not at a great detriment to interior space.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
155 Posts
You know...to me anyway...this looks like a darn good cargo capacity! Plus, the under-flap space looks pretty decent too! Maybe someone will see a real car before long and give us some firsthand feedback on what they actually saw in person!

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
307 Posts
You know...to me anyway...this looks like a darn good cargo capacity! Plus, the under-flap space looks pretty decent too! Maybe someone will see a real car before long and give us some firsthand feedback on what they actually saw in person!
I believe that Bjorn will do the "banana test" when he will get it for comments as he did for any car he is testing. To follow.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
352 Posts
I believe that Bjorn will do the "banana test" when he will get it for comments as he did for any car he is testing. To follow.
Yes. He will most likely get to have it for a review before anyone in North America.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The banana box test is the gold standard for sure. I can't wait to see Bjorn load it up.

It does look like a pretty decent sub floor. It's not a bad space at all.

It will tow 4000lbs too so maybe I should just get a camper or a nice pull behind trailer instead of worrying about the back for 1 or 2 camping trips a year.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts