Fisker Ocean Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
This is exactly the kind of think I was hoping Henrik would leak with his tester:
It shows some of the entertainment apps if you can’t view the link. It is quick but you can see the left navigation bar for a moment too.
YouTube, Disney+, etc. I guess this means that the car will have a WiFi radio?

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
YouTube, Disney+, etc. I guess this means that the car will have a WiFi radio?
On the Extreme/One, a 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot was listed as standard that the driver and passengers can use inside the car (not sure about Ultra) but the car will have a cellular data connection (I'm sure we'll find out which provider soon who the provider is). The car doesn't need Wi-Fi for those apps to work.

I see Chrome, Starz, Disney+, Prime Video, and YouTube. Here's hoping we see Netflix and Hulu join the party.

P.S. Give us the audio choices!

P.P.S. does the screen refresh seem to be a bit slow and a bit laggy or is it just me?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It is lagging. I would be surprised (pleasantly) if it weren't at this stage.
Looking pretty good!
On the Extreme/One, a 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot was listed as standard that the driver and passengers can use inside the car (not sure about Ultra) but the car will have a cellular data connection (I'm sure we'll find out which provider soon who the provider is). The car doesn't need Wi-Fi for those apps to work.

I see Chrome, Starz, Disney+, Prime Video, and YouTube. Here's hoping we see Netflix and Hulu join the party.

P.S. Give us the audio choices!

P.P.S. does the screen refresh seem to be a bit slow and a bit laggy or is it just me?
To me it looks like the touch response is a bit delayed which should be easily cleaned up. The framerate/refresh seemed smooth enough but hard to be sure watching a recording since cameras can miss frames etc. Need to see it with mine eyeballs.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
512 Posts
Just to note for the record, Fisker is using the Android Automotive OS (this is not the same as Android Auto which is a phone integration layer, Automotive is a core operating system). This is the same OS used by Polestar and Volvo, currently being implemented by Ford and BMW and Stellantis. It is customizable and Fisker has been hiring software engineers with expertise in customizing the UI for this platform. But the core platform is the Google product.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just to note for the record, Fisker is using the Android Automotive OS (this is not the same as Android Auto which is a phone integration layer, Automotive is a core operating system). This is the same OS used by Polestar and Volvo, currently being implemented by Ford and BMW and Stellantis. It is customizable and Fisker has been hiring software engineers with expertise in customizing the UI for this platform. But the core platform is the Google product.
I figured this is what they would be using. Hence the lack of references to Android auto only to carplay. Also I believe the jaguars designed out of magna have the same operating systems so it kind of just makes sense.

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
Yeah, I like that Fisker didn't spend time trying to design their own UI and spend years trying to massage it to get it perfect. Android already has a capable platform foundation which Fisker can tweak to their liking and update with time. I hope they stay on top of regular security patches though.

Exciting times ahead. I can't wait to see what the audio streaming services are. I really hope Spotify is included.

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
Hmmmm, not sure if that was for me, but I do have a preorder. But for someone that does or doesn't, still not much to see. Just a couple app icons that didn't move 100% smooth and that was it. Clearly nothing even remotely revolutionary was shown in that video clip
The point I was making was that if you are a reservation holder, you should be excited to see what the UI is going to look like since you're going to be using it when you get your car.

I'm curious as to what you were expecting. Were you expecting something that was going to blow your socks off? Has Fisker hinted at such a move? The only feature we know of that's different on the Ocean is the revolve screen. Is it a gimmick? Yeah. Is it still really cool? Yeah, it is.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.