Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting news. However, it's a ways off in 2026.
Link

Wheel Tire Car Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,155 Posts

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
613 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
744 Posts
The Fisker Alaska should be on the market earlier I believe. Someone has an idea when it should be in production ?
From this official photo, it looks like one of the PEAR variants will be a pickup. And Henrik likes to go to markets where other vehicles don't exist; I don't believe that there are any compact electric pickups at the moment.
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive design Hood

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
580 Posts
From this official photo, it looks like on of the PEAR variants will be a pickup. And Henrik likes to go to markets where other vehicles don't exist; I don't believe that there are any compact electric pickups at the moment.
I guess you are not putting a lot of faith in the Alpha Wolf.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
580 Posts
I've always rather liked the Ace. Alpha Motor Corporation — ACE
I like the Ace a lot, reminds me of a 1970's Alfa Romeo (I am sure it's just a coincidence Alpha and Alfa sound remarkably similar). Other than the Wolf they have on display at the Petersen Museum (which is basically just a clay model), every other vehicle they have revealed are just 3D renderings. I never felt they were serious in building cars but creating an art portfolio to be hired/acquired by an existing company.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
744 Posts
I like the Ace a lot, reminds me of a 1970's Alfa Romeo (I am sure it's just a coincidence Alpha and Alfa sound remarkably similar). Other than the Wolf they have on display at the Petersen Museum (which is basically just a clay model), every other vehicle they have revealed are just 3D renderings. I never felt they were serious in building cars but creating an art portfolio to be hired/acquired by an existing company.
Yes, it definitely has the vibe of a 70s car; very retro. I wonder if there's room for yet another startup. I'd like to see it. Don't know if we ever will.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alpha sounds like a dodgy "company" at best. Interesting article here: Link

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yes, it definitely has the vibe of a 70s car; very retro. I wonder if there's room for yet another startup. I'd like to see it. Don't know if we ever will.
One more startup? I went to the L.A. Auto Show last year and there were so many "start ups" I lost count. (Do they count as start ups if they never start?) I follow the EV market pretty closely and there were a few brands I had not heard of before. Some of the vehicles there include:
  • Canoo
  • VinFast
  • Mullen
  • Sondors (I know them as I bought their e-bike though Kickstarter years ago)
  • Cobera (EV "Cobra")
  • Imperium
  • Edison Future
  • Electra Meccanica
There was one more I saw in the South Terrace but can't even find any more info about them nor do I remember their name (I may have dreamed it).

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
613 Posts
One more startup? I went to the L.A. Auto Show last year and there were so many "start ups" I lost count. (Do they count as start ups if they never start?) I follow the EV market pretty closely and there were a few brands I had not heard of before. Some of the vehicles there include:
  • Canoo
  • VinFast
  • Mullen
  • Sondors (I know them as I bought their e-bike though Kickstarter years ago)
  • Cobera (EV "Cobra")
  • Imperium
  • Edison Future
  • Electra Meccanica
There was one more I saw in the South Terrace but can't even find any more info about them nor do I remember their name (I may have dreamed it).
I knew Canoo, Vinfast and Mullen, on those Canoo is the most interesting (different) and Mullen the most risky. I would not invest my pennies in it. There is also Arrival for delivery trucks, bus and taxi SUV.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts