Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Code: DD7VYC
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I/We tell where we are in line?

I just have some code, it DOESN'T say you are #44,324....how do you know?

·
Registered
367 Posts
You can't know exactly. People estimate based on when Fisker announces reservation totals and when you reserved. No one here has said I'm 19,754, we just approximate. Like me, I'm around 30,000 because they announced that they hit 30k within a few days of my reservation.

Hope that helps.i think someone made a line chart of dates and milestones so you could place yourself on that.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
I reserved 4/15/2022 (waited and waited until I saw the plan) How can I guess my #?
Fisker announced on 3/31/22 that they passed 40,000 orders. So I would say 41K or 42K since you are about two weeks after they reached 40k.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,162 Posts
@nolimit
Fisker announced on 3/31/22 that they passed 40,000 orders. So I would say 41K or 42K since you are about two weeks after they reached 40k
Based on @MTN Ranger quote, you should get your own personal Ocean sometime in 2023!

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
Here's a good chart that shows the reservations over time:
Font Rectangle Slope Parallel Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where you are in line isn't the only thing to think about. Fisker's plans is to build the One first, then the Extreme, so it's not first come first served.
I got in line on 1/3/22 for an Ocean Extreme. On 1/4/22, Fisker announced 21,500 orders.
Recently, it was published that 43% of the orders are either One or Extreme, and that those two may sell out all production for 2023. If you are looking for one of the 2 cheaper models, it may be 2024 before delivery.

Based upon the 43%, i'm somewhere around 9,245 on the list. Best guess of course.

Fisker wants to produce 5K per month. Will supply chain constraints allow them?

If things go to plan, I should get the Extreme in February. If supply chain constraints get in the way, all bets are off.

Looking forward to November to get more updates.

·
Registered
Code: DD7VYC
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got in line on 1/3/22 for an Ocean Extreme. On 1/4/22, Fisker announced 21,500 orders.
Recently, it was published that 43% of the orders are either One or Extreme, and that those two may sell out all production for 2023. If you are looking for one of the 2 cheaper models, it may be 2024 before delivery.

Based upon the 43%, i'm somewhere around 9,245 on the list. Best guess of course.

Fisker wants to produce 5K per month. Will supply chain constraints allow them?

If things go to plan, I should get the Extreme in February. If supply chain constraints get in the way, all bets are off.

Looking forward to November to get more updates.
Henrik Fisker on his earnings call said he had planned on 50k models for 2023, but he has around 46k reservations and he said he asked Magna to triple production effects. Magna said they could and he expects 150k Oceans produced. As long as he can get the materials, everyone should get an Ocean...how many Sports get produced I don't know. I do expect Ultras based on the call I listened to.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here's a good chart that shows the reservations over time:
I tried to look on the site but the code they gave us seems random (or obfuscated with an algorithm).
This chart is the only way to get an estimation of your reservation number.

Personally I'm in the first 1000, but I will go for the Sport, so I hope to receive my Ocean before the end of 2023.

And another thing still not clear is the list of countries the car will be shipped first. It seems the first units will be limited to some countries.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Henrik Fisker on his earnings call said he had planned on 50k models for 2023, but he has around 46k reservations and he said he asked Magna to triple production effects. Magna said they could and he expects 150k Oceans produced. As long as he can get the materials, everyone should get an Ocean...how many Sports get produced I don't know. I do expect Ultras based on the call I listened to.
The Magna tripling of output was for 2024.
The contract with Magna for 2023 is 50k Oceans.
Capacity for large and efficient factories must be planned years or many months in advance, so every slot at Magna for 2023 is probably accounted for. Fisker owning 50k of these slots.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Magna tripling of output was for 2024.
The contract with Magna for 2023 is 50k Oceans.
Capacity for large and efficient factories must be planned years or many months in advance, so every slot at Magna for 2023 is probably accounted for. Fisker owning 50k of these slots.
Man, that Magna Corporation / facilities must be something else to retool and become an EV production provider for interested parties.

I think Magna makes the front engine for my Mach E GT. Sandy Munro, a kind of EV expert that does tear downs, tore down a Mach E GT and couldn't believe the design / engineering of the Magna motor in the front. Regrettably, Sandy didn't express the same excitement about the apparently ho-hum rear motor.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
Man, that Magna Corporation / facilities must be something else to retool and become an EV production provider for interested parties.

I think Magna makes the front engine for my Mach E GT. Sandy Munro, a kind of EV expert that does tear downs, tore down a Mach E GT and couldn't believe the design / engineering of the Magna motor in the front. Regrettably, Sandy didn't express the same excitement about the apparently ho-hum rear motor.
Magna is also making motors for GM's upcoming Ultium line too. LG-Magna JV Breaks Ground On Plant That Will Supply EV Parts To GM

·
Registered
367 Posts
So if my reservation was made in Nov. 21 for an ultra, it just n8ght happen 2 or 3 Quartier of 23?
Henrik is saying they won't start making Ultras until late 2023 Q3 or early Q4. That really depends on production ramp up and speed, and number of Extreme orders. Too many variables to be more accurate than that right now. And that's without considering supply chain, which Henrik is saying is solid, but of course he will say that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts