Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

on early pictures the charging port seems to be on the right hand side, just above the rear wheelhouse

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car

In newer pictures however, the charging port has moved to the front lefthand side.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Photograph Aircraft

Does anyone have reliable information as to where the final position is to be? I am asking because I need to determine the position of my wall-box-charger at home.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi everyone,

on early pictures the charging port seems to be on the right hand side, just above the rear wheelhouse

View attachment 138

In newer pictures however, the charging port has moved to the front lefthand side.

View attachment 139

Does anyone have reliable information as to where the final position is to be? I am asking because I need to determine the position of my wall-box-charger at home.
The first photo, I believe, was from the launch on Jan. 2019 and the other one was at the pre-production launch at LA on Nov. 17 so I think that it should be the pre-production. We should get more info in couple of months!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good morning all the charge port will be located on left side front panel. Now in EU not sure if it will change to right side front. If it does then it will be on driver side front quarter panel. Their will probably be more info next week as long as CES is still happening. The Fisker Ocean will be attending the CES 22 again so we should get more info.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 25,000+
160 Posts
Hi @Dentino,

It (charging port) seems to have migrated from the right rear panel, a la Tesla mode, to the left front panel!

DRATS, if true this will make charging at the Tesla SC network very difficult
I'm forward thinking to the day Elon opens up the SC network to all EVs

Good catch @Baker and @S7davis

BTW, looks Vegas Consumer Electronic Show (CES 22) is still a go!
It will run from Wed Jan 5 - Sat Jan 8, 2022.
Approximately, 10% of floor space exhibitors have pulled out
Too bad GM is forgoing this opportunity to show off its Chevy Silverado E and Hummer EV's

Reactions: Dentino

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi @Dentino,

It (charging port) seems to have migrated from the right rear panel, a la Tesla mode, to the left front panel!

DRATS, if true this will make charging at the Tesla SC network very difficult
I'm forward thinking to the day Elon opens up the SC network to all EVs

Good catch @Baker and @S7davis
I honestly do not think Tesla will open the network in North America because it will take a major overhaul or he will need to supply or other EVs will need to supply an adaptor cable. It was easy to do in EU cause they use the same charging cable for the cars. Here in NA Tesla made their on Proprietary cable which makes it hard for them to do. So unless they supply adaptors or other EV companies supply them it will not work as easily. But I do know that is his plans but only time will tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts