Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fisker Ocean Supply Chain Issues

It doesn’t seem like any auto manufacturer is immune to supply chain challenges, but maybe Fisker can bridge the gap with its supply chain.
The auto industry has been severely impacted by supply chain woes during the COVID-19 pandemic. Semiconductor chip shortages in particular have challenged automotive giants the most. For example, companies like Ford, GM, and Toyota have recently shut down factories cutting back production due to chip shortages. Last week, Toyota’s CEO mentioned supply chain as the biggest headwind for his company...Read More.

·
Registered
59 Posts
For sure they are facing some material shortage. Maybe not directly, but their supplier most likely.
The real question would be if these shortage will still be present when series production starts.

Some days ago Renault has stated they stopped the new Megane E-tech EV production due to chinese lockdowns and shortages. The same for VW/Skoda with many unfinished cars waiting for components.

We live in an uncertain time, so we need to have a lot of patience and.. hope!

·
Super Moderator
Tesla Model Y
100 Posts
I think they're going to secure enough material for at least 100,000 orders. You don't want a failed product launch. In the future, I hope Fisker vertically integrates itself as well as Tesla has though without all the panel gaps and inconsistencies.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
341 Posts
I think they're going to secure enough material for at least 100,000 orders. You don't want a failed product launch. In the future, I hope Fisker vertically integrates itself as well as Tesla has though without all the panel gaps and inconsistencies.
Fisker is completely outsourced, the opposite of vertical integration.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts