Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A thought just occurred to me that would be a deal breaker. I know that the Ocean won't have a frunk. Does anyone know if the hood will open? I'm a kayaker and my front tie-down straps go under the hood of of my car. I attached a photo of what I'm talking about.

Attachments

Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000

Registered
@baydreamer
How about the Fisker Ocean with the Force E Package?
Sky Wheel Tire Automotive tire Car
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire Grille

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NOOOO!
How about the Roof Rack options that will be available?
I don't know what will be available yet. But I think that the front and rear tie-downs are important. I've been keeping an eye on Polestar (I'm interested in the 4) and Volvo recently confirmed that they'll be coming out with a new wagon (I love their recent wagons). Older cars had a place for hooks underneath the front and rear, but I don't think that's the case anymore. My old Ford Contour had them, and my Toyota Highlander only had one set in the front or rear (I can't remember which). I wish I knew what they're called so I could ask if the Ocean will have them.

Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
A thought just occurred to me that would be a deal breaker. I know that the Ocean won't have a frunk. Does anyone know if the hood will open? I'm a kayaker and my front tie-down straps go under the hood of of my car. I attached a photo of what I'm talking about.
I don't understand why you attach the kayak to the hood you should attach it to the rack only no?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't understand why you attach the kayak to the hood you should attach it to the rack only no?
That's how I've always done it. Perhaps I don't need to. I'll have to look into it. If the Ocean makes an appearance at our auto show in March, I'll make it a point to go to get a closer look at it and ask a few questions. I hope that there's a solution.

Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
That's how I've always done it. Perhaps I don't need to. I'll have to look into it. If the Ocean makes an appearance at our auto show in March, I'll make it a point to go to get a closer look at it and ask a few questions. I hope that there's a solution.
I have seen a canoo attached that way because it is heavy but not a kayak which is very light. Tight it to the rack only on front and back it will be enough. I suggest you to watch some video on youtube.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I found out the name of what I'd need. They're called tow hooks. So I did a search, and it looks like they may be available. The pictures came up of what Blu Angel posted. I asked on FB and via Fisker's page. So this ain't over yet. 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just received a reply via FB. No help. "Hello Alan and thank you for reaching out. Production for the Fisker Ocean will begin in November 2022. And we will have more accessory and accessory installation information closer to that time."

Registered
Doh. That's about the same reply I got when trying to get details about the audio system.

Registered
My name is Mister Fisker!
Head Eye Smile Emoticon Happy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just received a response via their site. Pretty much the same thing. "Unfortunately, we do not have that information as of now. Production for the vehicle will begin in November 2022. And more vehicle information, including accessory information (and installation) will be made available closer to that time."

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I came across this picture with straps in front. However, it's clearly computer generated. The kayaks have no carrying handles and the bungees are staying on the kayaks... somehow. :unsure: And I've seen other photos without the front bungees. Anyway, this photo gives me hope that there will be a way to attach my straps to the front of the car.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I finally got a bit of an answer from Fisker on FB. "There will be a line of accessories like roof racks and tow packages available. We鈥檒l have more information on that closer to our first delivery dates in 2022." This has me feeling optimistic.

Registered
If the hood does not open, how the AP Hill do you jump start, or replace the 12volt battery when it dies? I will not have it towed to Ohio to have Fisker HQ use a $20.00 fancy tool to open the hood and change the battery

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.