Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering to make a reservation for the Ocean, its an amazing good looking car and has a size which fits my needs. Its only one thing that i will miss; the frunk. I have frunk in my Tesla, and that is super practical for groceries, charging cables and stuff like that.
I have seen videos and read articles, but i have not found out if a tow hitch will be availeble. Have any of you seen or heard about it? It will be a dealbreaker for me, so i hope mr. Fisker have thought about it.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
746 Posts

Will you have a tow bar and what’s the towing capacity of the Fisker Ocean?

Yes, the Fisker Ocean will have a tow bar option. More information on towing capacity and other detailed technical specifications will be released in late 2021.

My dealbreaker would be the lack of availability of a roof rack. Thankfully, that will be available too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Yes, the Fisker Ocean will have a tow bar option. More information on towing capacity and other detailed technical specifications will be released in late 2021.

My dealbreaker would be the lack of availability of a roof rack. Thankfully, that will be available too.
Thank you very much, that was good news👍

·
Registered
2018 TMX 100D sold. 2022 MYP just arrived.
6 Posts

Where did you find the info about the roof rack? No roof rack will be a dealbreaker for me too.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,162 Posts
@Mads @baydreamer
You got your wish! (Roof Rack)
@Ivaped
You're getting the Tow Hitch package
You can know place your Fisker Reservation

N.B.
Towing Capacity
Ocean One/Extreme/Ultra: 4000 lbs or 1815 kg
Ocean Sport: 2040 lbs or 1090 kg

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
For EVs, the tow hitch is much better for aero than the roof rack. I have these for my Murano's hitch and they work great.

Mesh Fence Rectangle Grille Shade
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle Car

Any word if it is a 2" receiver?

·
Registered
367 Posts
4,000 lbs is correct for AWD models. I assume a 2" hitch like @EVolution posted. What do we do if we want bikes and extra cargo?! We have a thule roof box. Probably would eat into the range. I think someone with a model 3 has a blog about this exactly. And here's a funny tip, he suggests turning the box around backwards because it's actually more Aero efficient that way. It just depends on the car and box shape and placement fore and aft. You'd have to experiment with your own setup.

·
Registered
258 Posts
What will be interesting is if the receiver will be a drop down receiver like the pic above or maybe they will hide it away similar to the R1T. I would love to see a retractable hitch option like many vehicles in Europe. I drive around with my ball on often even without a trailer just because I get lazy, but I don't think that is exactly legal up here.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
620 Posts
What will be interesting is if the receiver will be a drop down receiver like the pic above or maybe they will hide it away similar to the R1T. I would love to see a retractable hitch option like many vehicles in Europe. I drive around with my ball on often even without a trailer just because I get lazy, but I don't think that is exactly legal up here.
I never heard that someone had got a ticket for ball on in Canada!!

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
Looking at the latest test vehicle, I'm not sure where a hitch would go. There is no cover plate which would hide it like on the Rivian R1T. It would have to go below the rear RADAR sensor. That seems really low to the ground. My Murano's hidden hitch add-on isn't as low as this, and I sometimes bottom out with it. see the picture below, I created a 2" hitch receiver (to scale with the license plate).

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Wheel Car

Reactions: Baker

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
591 Posts
Looking at the latest test vehicle, I'm not sure where a hitch would go. There is no cover plate which would hide it like on the Rivian R1T. It would have to go below the rear RADAR sensor. That seems really low to the ground. My Murano's hidden hitch add-on isn't as low as this, and I sometimes bottom out with it. see the picture below, I created a 2" hitch receiver (to scale with the license plate).

View attachment 1507
Thankfully, there is no radar in the center. That is a diffuser (that could be a cover plate).

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

Reactions: Baker
1 - 20 of 27 Posts