Fisker Ocean Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of funny, but kind of irked me today...make you wonder if Elon Musk thinks all EV companies are building factories to produce their EVs? Maybe he isn't aware of who is building the Fisker Ocean?

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
859 Posts
Honestly.. I know I am a small guy.. but FWIW.. the very reason why I am not interested in Tesla is Elon Musk himself.
Would it be different if you were taller? :) Elon is one of the reasons I am moving on from Tesla as well (plus, there are more Model 3s than Corollas or even BMWs now in L.A. so want a car that is different than the rest of the population).

·
Registered
2013 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG w/ Performance Package | 2018 Audi SQ5 Techik
25 Posts
Would it be different if you were taller? :) Elon is one of the reasons I am moving on from Tesla as well (plus, there are more Model 3s than Corollas or even BMWs now in L.A. so want a car that is different than the rest of the population).
Lol. I mean a nobody. :).

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
1,255 Posts
My neighbor bought a Bolt EV a couple years ago specifically since he disliked Elon.

Reactions: slipnslider

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
If we have members on this forum moving on from Tesla due to Elon, I can only imagine how many people there are out there in the world that want to move on from Tesla because of him. Combine that with the lackluster QC and customer service and you start to wonder how big of an impact this is going to have on Tesla's future sales now that we're seeing competition heat up.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Honestly that is so true I live in San Diego you can not even look down our street with out seeing like 3 or 4 Teslas. They are everywhere now because of the Model 3 and Y. I do like them mostly because of their FSD/AutoPilot because when I rented one I loved it when I am driving in Rush Hour and it controls it for you. It is true when driving in rush hour with Tesla's AutoPilot you are not as tired as you would be driving without it when you are controlling the situation. Yes you are still responsible and have to maintain awareness but that part is easy and you can kinda relax a little bit, can take eyes off the road for a moment to get a bottle of water or reach to get a snack but overall it was nice and I was not as tired when I got to the destination. This is the reason and cost to charge it would be a fraction than what Gas is and we have chargers all over the place here in California and San Diego area.

We have like 4 charging areas within 10 minutes from where I live so charging not a problem.

·
Registered
2013 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG w/ Performance Package | 2018 Audi SQ5 Techik
25 Posts
If we have members on this forum moving on from Tesla due to Elon, I can only imagine how many people there are out there in the world that want to move on from Tesla because of him. Combine that with the lackluster QC and customer service and you start to wonder how big of an impact this is going to have on Tesla's future sales now that we're seeing competition heat up.
honestly, I got buddies who swore by their product. I don’t hate so much how common the car is right now as we are not really buying a super car here, but more so their product WAS good but it didnt really change since it launched.

People always say Tesla’s software is better, I would agree but that’s because 10 years ago, but other car manufacturers isn’t really focusing on the EVs. And since most old school car manufacturers takes safety and stability into great consideration they usually don’t release a “beta” product in the market. But they are definitely catching up, you think other car manufacturers aren’t tearing apart Tesla’s models to see what works and what doesn’t? With 10 years of stagnant development, it’s not hard for others to catch up.

Tesla is different because it took all the safety considerations, reiterative testing out the window and for the first time in a car industry introduce “beta” products in the market. People sees these new thinking as innovative and thus buy into the Tesla’s product. Little do they know that it’s safety and quality they are trading off.

Frankly do you want to be “qualified” for being a good driver and be “accepted” to their FSD “beta” software? No thanks I would rather live….. calling it “beta” is irresponsible because they are pretty much using live road data from users to improve their software and calling it “beta” so people want complain about the software’s deficiencies.

And seriously, I don’t understand why people give Tesla such big benefit of the doubt, let’s talk about their CyberTruck.

It was announced on 11/2019 and to this date there is still no showing of any mass prototype or any signs of the product being tested. I know there are sightings of the car a couple years back but there are no signs of mass testing of the product. So is it happening or not? Why are people so lenient with Tesla?

Now I don’t know when Fisker hinted Ocean, but I came to learn about the Ocean in 01/2022 and I am super-stoked that I am able to book a car and potentially get delivery in the next 9-12 months of the same year!!!
There are also more and more tester cars showing up and more glimpses what the car can do and look like. And seeing Instagram, you can even see test cars in real life in Cali. What more can I say? Sure beats the CyberFruck. :)

Just saying….

(I do want to say tho, I wish Fisker has more Canadian activities, would love to see a live car in Canadian soil.)

·
Registered
134 Posts
looks like I stumbled onto the Tesla hate post
competition is heating up with announcements of new cars, but none of the good ones have actually hit the market yet(unless the EV6/ionic are tesla killers), no different from the cybertruck mention
of course there are Tesla cars out, and for a while, so they can be talked about
hard to talk about other manufacturers who haven't haven't even produced their electric cars yet, but promise in paper great cars, still a waiting game for practically everybody else, we'll see...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Elon is wrong about a lot of things, but it constantly praised by a genius. An actual genius would put his efforts into saving earth, which is about a million times easier than moving humanity to mars. Someone should tell musk that mars has 1/3 earth's gravity and that will wreak havok on human biology. What's his solution to that?

When elon went MAGA, I knew I'd never buy another tesla. I was already annoyed by the constant software updates, constant quality problems, constant things breaking, and constant bad service, but him teaming up with the climate change denying fasicst coup party was the last straw for me. Cashed out my tesla stock and went from encouraging other people to buy teslas to discouraging them.

·
Registered
Referral Code JAXF3T
378 Posts
competition is heating up with announcements of new cars, but none of the good ones have actually hit the market yet(unless the EV6/ionic are tesla killers), no different from the cybertruck mention
of course there are Tesla cars out, and for a while, so they can be talked about
hard to talk about other manufacturers who haven't haven't even produced their electric cars yet, but promise in paper great cars, still a waiting game for practically everybody else, we'll see...
Well Tesla had a "head start". It is great to see that others are joining the EV way! Tesla and for sure Musk especially, are worried that they won't be the ONLY kids on the block. What amazes me and so many others that Tesla/Musk didn't see this coming!!! 😜

·
Registered
Referral Code JAXF3T
378 Posts
Elon is wrong about a lot of things, but it constantly praised by a genius. An actual genius would put his efforts into saving earth, which is about a million times easier than moving humanity to mars. Someone should tell musk that mars has 1/3 earth's gravity and that will wreak havok on human biology. What's his solution to that?

When elon went MAGA, I knew I'd never buy another tesla. I was already annoyed by the constant software updates, constant quality problems, constant things breaking, and constant bad service, but him teaming up with the climate change denying fasicst coup party was the last straw for me. Cashed out my tesla stock and went from encouraging other people to buy teslas to discouraging them.
Tesla never impressed me at all. For the most part all their cars look the same. So that got that UGLY Cybertruck that who wants but maybe Musk fan boys??? Which by the way has been delayed for how long now???? If it wasn't the Ocean One, there are other EV cars I would consider, never a Tesla that's for sure! :)

·
Registered
Referral Code JAXF3T
378 Posts
Not a hate thread as you would call it. Just showing how Tesla & Musk are worried, very worried! So glad to see much very needed competition in the EV world! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
Oh look, the troll is here who has come to save Elon's honor! He doesn't need your saving.

Here are the facts. Other manufacturers quality can't be any worse than Tesla's non-existent QC and you're going to see Tesla market share start to shrink. Competition is heating up and Tesla is relying way too much on their laurels. They've only enjoyed people putting up with their god awful service because nobody else was in the market. That's about to change.

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts

Two years ago, I got into Tesla hardcore. I've held shares since 2014 but was never really into them. I've since sold all of my Tesla shares. The business model just doesn't make sense to me. Thefact that I can't get anyone on the phone when my car is in for service annoys me. I asked my advisor to check the cars balance and rotation and they took that to mean - "Do a balance and rotation" and I had no way to contact the service center. They have a 1-800 number for sales though!

It's a cluster and they're not doing anything to fix it. I ordered a 2022 BRAND NEW 2022 Model Y Performance and took delivery of it in July. I got to the Tesla service center and the front bumper clips on the left side weren't even clipped in. I'd of course have to make a service appointment and Tesla isn't in the business of making life convenient, so they don't do loaners. I'd be without a car and I NEED a car. Uber doesn't work for me. Sold the car.

The Fisker experience can't be anywhere near as bad as the Tesla. The bar is REALLY low so Fisker really doesn't have to do much to impress me. Just deliver me a car that doesn't have quality issues and I'm sold.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I can't stand Apple products, but I keep apple stock
Tesla stock has done well, especially well before the first split

Well Tesla had a "head start". It is great to see that others are joining the EV way! Tesla and for sure Musk especially, are worried that they won't be the ONLY kids on the block. What amazes me and so many others that Tesla/Musk didn't see this coming!!! 😜
Tesla knows about the competition, and they aren't worried. THey still have a waitlist for their cars just like new companies do. You can just go to tesla.com and get a car tomorrow. Teslas has raised their prices and still have a waitlist. Tesla is doing okay....

Tesla never impressed me at all. For the most part all their cars look the same. So that got that UGLY Cybertruck that who wants but maybe Musk fan boys??? Which by the way has been delayed for how long now???? If it wasn't the Ocean One, there are other EV cars I would consider, never a Tesla that's for sure! :)
their cars do look the same. the cybertruck is ugly. I advise to buy what you like

Not a hate thread as you would call it. Just showing how Tesla & Musk are worried, very worried! So glad to see much very needed competition in the EV world! :cool:
Again, Elon is not worried. Tesla has been doing fine

Here are the facts. Other manufacturers quality can't be any worse than Tesla's non-existent QC and you're going to see Tesla market share start to shrink. Competition is heating up and Tesla is relying way too much on their laurels. They've only enjoyed people putting up with their god awful service because nobody else was in the market. That's about to change.
Well, not sure how long you've been driving, but I've been driving over 30 years, and had a multitude of cars. had issues with all of them. I had to take my Tesla to the dealer for a warranty paid event, but I've never been stranded. Fisker doesn't even know who will service their cars yet..... But I don't think we'll see a car company that doesn't have issues somewhere. That's only in a perfect world

It's a cluster and they're not doing anything to fix it. I ordered a 2022 BRAND NEW 2022 Model Y Performance and took delivery of it in July. I got to the Tesla service center and the front bumper clips on the left side weren't even clipped in. I'd of course have to make a service appointment and Tesla isn't in the business of making life convenient, so they don't do loaners. I'd be without a car and I NEED a car. Uber doesn't work for me. Sold the car.

The Fisker experience can't be anywhere near as bad as the Tesla. The bar is REALLY low so Fisker really doesn't have to do much to impress me. Just deliver me a car that doesn't have quality issues and I'm sold.
when you sold your Tesla, you got top dollar? or only a few bucks, because you know, Teslas are bad cars......................
I didn't have any Bumper issues on my Tesla. But, you can go to any Cadillac, Toyota, BMW, etc forum and they ALL WILL HAVE PEOPLE LISTING ISSUES. You won't see any here though, because um.....Fisker doesn't have any cars yet. I guarantee you there will be people with complaints. Especially customer service, because Fisker relies on 3rd party companies it appears is how they will operate.

So yeah, all knew companies coming out have the upper hand. They don't have a history of cars yet, but they will. THEN you will see the same ole complaints you see that Tesla has....

·
Registered
Referral Code JAXF3T
378 Posts
I can't stand Apple products, but I keep apple stock
Tesla stock has done well, especially well before the first split

Tesla knows about the competition, and they aren't worried. THey still have a waitlist for their cars just like new companies do. You can just go to tesla.com and get a car tomorrow. Teslas has raised their prices and still have a waitlist. Tesla is doing okay....

their cars do look the same. the cybertruck is ugly. I advise to buy what you like

Again, Elon is not worried. Tesla has been doing fine

Well, not sure how long you've been driving, but I've been driving over 30 years, and had a multitude of cars. had issues with all of them. I had to take my Tesla to the dealer for a warranty paid event, but I've never been stranded. Fisker doesn't even know who will service their cars yet..... But I don't think we'll see a car company that doesn't have issues somewhere. That's only in a perfect world

when you sold your Tesla, you got top dollar? or only a few bucks, because you know, Teslas are bad cars......................
I didn't have any Bumper issues on my Tesla. But, you can go to any Cadillac, Toyota, BMW, etc forum and they ALL WILL HAVE PEOPLE LISTING ISSUES. You won't see any here though, because um.....Fisker doesn't have any cars yet. I guarantee you there will be people with complaints. Especially customer service, because Fisker relies on 3rd party companies it appears is how they will operate.

So yeah, all knew companies coming out have the upper hand. They don't have a history of cars yet, but they will. THEN you will see the same ole complaints you see that Tesla has....
Musk is worried. He shows it every time when he has his hissy fits. Tesla needs to get rid of him or Musk will take them down with him.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.